“Wonderful ski holiday! Awesome Weather” 4 of 5 stars

You added Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain to your Saves list
Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   PO Box 10, Snowshoe, WV 26209   |
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Wonderful ski holiday! Awesome Weather”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked into Allegheny Springs on Sunday night to Friday. We booked through VRBO for Monday - Friday, but decided to come up a day early. The staff at the Hotel were terrific, they let us book in for 1 night prior to our VRBO stay, the concierge meet all our needs. As far as available grocery stores, I would recommend you come prepared for meals unless you intend to eat out everyday. We did eat out at the Sunset Cantina, It was wonderful, food was quick, and tasted terrific. We also eat out at the Fox Fire Grill, we were not impressed, the food took forever to come out, and it was extremely busy. After a full day of MOW MOW the POW POW, we were very hungry. As far as Allegheny Springs goes, night 1 we booked a regular hotel room on the Mountain side top floor, it was terrific, very clean room, great view of the mountain. The 1 bedroom vrbo we booked from Monday - Friday, was on the first floor facing the pool, actually only steps to the pool, this came in handy at night. ONLY complaint, it is too noisy for our family, I could hear the voices of my neighbors above us and beside. I would highly recommend booking your stay from a ski point of view from Monday to Friday, the lift lines were not busy and the skiing was awesome, 6 inches of fresh powder. Great for the East coast. If you are booking and have a larger group, I would recommend Black Bear Crossing, it is truly an upscale spot, and in Feb it is ski in/ski out. It is missing the pool, but your balconies have a hot tub. "private hot tub" Overall, Allegheny was good, comfort wise, beds did not meet our expectations, firm, not enough pillows, kitchen was what you would expect in a hotel style condo, limited. It meet our needs for this ski trip, but in the future I will be back to Black Bear Crossing.

Room Tip: I would recommend top floor unit here, facing the mountain.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a great time at snowshoe, but the front desk staff at allegheny springs made many mistakes. When we first checked in, they said my credit card was declined. After checking with my bank, we realized the card was entered with an incorrect expiration date by the front desk staffer. After this initial embarrassing moment and struggling to contact my bank on a weekend, we tried again at check out. I explained what happened the first time, and presented my card a second time. The new staffer re-entered my card information with the correct expiration date. At this point she accidentally credited my card with the full amount, instead of debiting... So, now she had to run the card for double the amount. Luckily, I had enough to cover... The credit will not show up for 2 days, but the debit shows up immediately. Overall, these mistakes resulted in a very poor customer experience. The front desk staff was very friendly, but multiple mistakes made it a stressful and anxious weekend. If you decide to stay at allegheny springs, make sure you have plenty of money to cover any processing mistakes.

• Stayed February 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

After being very disappointed with other properties over the years at Snowshoe (Rimfire, Mountain Lodge) we finally found Allegheny Springs last year. This is the second year we stayed here, and we have been very satisfied. If you are expecting luxurious rooms, or sound proof rooms and other perks like a great hotel elsewhere, then you may be disappointed. It is in a ski resort in West Virginia after all. Having said that we like being right off the slopes ( Snowcat right outside your window at 4 am!) and the staff (on site concierge) is very helpful, and nice. This is the best place we have stayed while at Snowshoe, and we will always try to return here in the future.

Room Tip: We have three in our party and get the one bedroom plus. Slope side with 2 queen beds, and the livin...
Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We loved the condo, but since we were traveling with our two young kids, who were in snow school, the first day, I wish we had stayed at Rimfire Lodge or Highland House. Loved the unit, and we would stay there again (although it was small hike to the parking lot), but next time we'll try Rimfire Lodge (with underground parking) or Highland House (right off the slope).

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family of four just returned from a three-night stay at Allegheny Springs. After one sleepless night due to the noise level, I was ready to go home. You can hear everything going on in the adjoining rooms and out in the hallway, even if the people are talking in a normal tone of voice (which many people weren't doing at midnight!). Our room also faced the outdoor pool, so we could hear all of the yelling and partying of the people in the pool. The woman who checked us in was rude. Unlike other reviewers, I thought our specific condo was pretty clean, although it could have been vacuumed a little better. The appliances and cookware were all new looking and clean. There was a lot of trash in the locker area, and the trash can next to the ATM machine was overflowing the entire three days that we were there. The location can't be beat as far as access to the slopes. Despite these positives, I couldn't get past the fact that we paid a lot of money for a place that had the noise level of a college dorm. We stayed at Rimfire previously, and it was much better.

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor so you won't have to hear people running up and down the halls above yo...
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas 2012. The pros.......fantastic staff has to be number one. I have never seen such an attentive and sincere front desk staff. The location is perfect, ski in and out and right in the heart of the village. Room was very clean and cozy, and the valet parking was a big bonus. Ok now for the cons..... I get that I was there during one of the busiest weeks, however I org was told my room was on the 4th floor village view. When I checked in I was given room 122 viewing a green power tower. Oh and right by the doors to the outdoor pool, the health spa, and the elevators. I was disappointed because this was a horrible location and because they were booked could not be moved. All night long kids were running the halls screaming and slamming doors and it was very hard to get any sleep. I realize that this is the inconsiderate parents fault not the hotels but there should be some sort of monotering the halls or "quiet time" enforced. Also for $260 a night the room was fine for the 2 of us, but jr suite deluxe is a giant stretch. I will stay here in the future again mainly because of the staff location and the pools. However it will be during the week when it is less busy and the price is more reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012
n va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

…or getting away from the heat of DC.

Having stayed at most of the other village properties, A/S is alone in a category above with a dedicated pool ten steps outside the door and other amenities such as hot tub, sauna and health club. We found with little ones the walk to and from the common pool for all other properties in freezing temperatures lent little to the fun meter. In addition, the common pool does not open until noon; not good when there are “antsy little ones demanding activity. Too, this is the only property where the concierge will take you to and from other places on the mountain for dining, etc. in the property’s vehicle.

Slope side lockers, ski in/ski out, a brief walk to all shops and restaurants. Staff delightful and cooperative.

My family usually stays in room 205 which, according to the front desk folks, has the only king sized bed in the facility. The room comfortably sleeps four. Well stocked kitchen. We like the room’s interior location in the horseshoe shaped building since the noise from the snow blowers and snow cats is completely dampened and we can watch the kids in the pool from the balcony.

The price differential generally triages the clientele ensuring a family atmosphere (albeit at a cost), but worthwhile when things get quiet at 10 pm and there are not folks loudly stumbling down the hall at 1am.

During peak season there have been times when housekeeping activities get behind the power curve, especially during high “change over days.” To mitigate, we usually dump our luggage with the valet, ski in the pm and have him take the baggage to the room when ready for occupancy. We do the reverse on check out days. And, during those “long line” days, we usually do “first tracks” and then hop the shuttle over to Silver Creek.

The take away for us has been since we are paying an enormous sum to take the vacation, adding 10% for “better” lodging is a reasonable option.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Allegheny Springs Condos at Snowshoe Mountain? Share your experiences!