“Relaxing ride in the Mountains” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 18 Attractions in Snowshoe
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Relaxing ride in the Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My fiancé and I often go to Snowshoe in the summer to enjoy the cooler temperatures and decided to enjoy the horses for a couple of hours of trail riding. I have zero experience with horses, but have always wanted to try a trail ride. It was awesome! It only took a few minutes to get set up, get easy instructions on "driving" and off we went. We took the two hour tour that boasted a spectacular view from the mountain top. You'll want to bring your camera for the views. I was in shorts but I would suggest jeans. Sylvia was great guiding our group. Experiencing the mountain by horse offers views that would be difficult to see on foot. We came back another weekend and took another tour to Cass which I would also recommend if it is still offered. We look forward to getting up this winter and trying one of the winter tours.

Visited August 2012