“Top Of The World #307” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Attractions in Snowshoe
Type: Ski & snowboard areas, Outdoor Activities, Nature & Parks
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Start with an 11,000 acre playground serving up the best of the mountains, however you like it. Your days here are like having dessert first. Our Village is situated atop the mountain and gives you access to spa-ing, shopping and even dancing. It all feels better at 4,848 feet.
Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Top Of The World #307”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Overall the snowboard trip was great. Whoever owns this room doesn't care about it. We got there after their friends stayed in the room. The place was filthy and half the stuff was broken. We called the front desk and they said they could not take anything off the room but could comp dinner - Cool... Would recommend not staying in this part of the mountain. Stay in the village where most of everything goes on. Too many little kids.

St. Thomas
5 attraction reviews
“Week of Skiing Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just came back from a week of skiing at snowshoe. It was my second time there. Had a great time. It was super cold when I was there though.

I went with a group of 5 friends and we were there from monday through friday.

I have 2 complaints 1) there was no where to change clothes other than the filthy bathrooms 2) the main ski lift to take us back to the village was closed for much of the time so we had to do some walking in ski boots(difficult).

Other than that I had a fantastic time. The slopes are well maintained and I didnt get bored during the week. Staff was friendly and proffesssional, restaurants were good. Im still a beginner so I stayed on the green slopes. A couple nights out the week we went over to silver creek to get in some night skiing. I cant wait for skiing next year.

Snowshoe is beautiful and a good experience, cant wait to go back

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Great skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Snowshoe Mountain Resort has the best skiing south of New York. Over 50 trails and slopes and they are long. My husband is a black diamond skier and I am a green skier and we both love the options. Whether we are skiing together or apart it is always fun and the views are phenomenal. Great for couples, families or friend trips.

WV
“Snowshoe regular, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We love West Virginia and love to support business/resorts in our home state. We are a Snowshoe regular, going at least a couple times per year and staying at various areas. This past weekend, conditions were terribly harsh with wind chills well below zero. We took our two year old and planned to let her run at Big Top with the bouncy houses. Because there's little to no parking there, we had to rely on the bus system. At Big Top, the bus does not pull in and there's no shelter that allows you to wait. The buses didn't come through this area and my husband stood outside, with short breaks inside, for at least an hour in crazy wind, snow and temperatures. Otherwise, it was impossible to even see a bus and they won't pull in. We were both beginning to panic, especially after others inside confirmed they were facing the same dilemma. We finally begged a driver---that happened to pull into this off main road section---- to take us to the village where we had to get off and wait on another bus. It was so packed that everyone couldn't fit and some nice people let us board with the little one and we took this second bus back to Soaring Eagle. As a mother, I was beside myself, and yes this is a ski resort, but I've always felt it was kid friendly and she absolutely loved playing at Big Top.

Soaring Eagle is our favorite and this time our one bedroom deluxe was dirty upon arrival. We all have different levels of what we consider clean. There was old food on the floor and dirt/rocks from shoes. It certainly didn't appear as if it had been cleaned and that has never been our experience before.

We went to the restaurant downstairs and had dinner that was atrocious. We have always had good meals at Snowshoe. We ordered the special steak, California rolls and a spring roll appetizer and none of it was fit to eat------and we aren't complainers and wouldn't dream of sending something back. It is just a shame because we want this place to be successful and with that kind of service and food, it won't be. The waitress was nice, however, my husband asked for a growler to be filled with a local brewery's beer and another waitress said sure, but I expect a big tip. Very rude and the staff just didn't seem to be very trained. In their defense, we had eaten at this same restaurant on a prior trip and everything was wonderful, so maybe it was a bad night or we picked the wrong things.

To sum it up, the resort needs to continue to be accommodating and patron-first in mentality. We may have just encountered a harsh, busy weekend, but in going forward and visiting again, we will make adjustments to our plans based on our experiences this weekend. It's not cheap, and we could easily go to the Greenbrier and spend less. We will try again, but will modify our outings considerably. We will never be caught without our own vehicle again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This resort is well done. We stayed at the The Inn at Snowshoe which is a 15 min drive from the mountain. The Inn offers an indoor pool and breakfast. Our room was not ready when we arrived and they gave me 20% off the stay without me asking. We will stay in the village next time solely due to location. My oldest son took an all day lesson and loved it. My youngest skied a little, got cold, and played at the Big Top for the rest of the day. Great place, highly recommended.