“Week of Skiing Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Snowshoe
More attraction details
Owner description: Start with an 11,000 acre playground serving up the best of the mountains, however you like it. Your days here are like having dessert first. Our Village is situated atop the mountain and gives you access to spa-ing, shopping and even dancing. It all feels better at 4,848 feet.
St. Thomas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Week of Skiing Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just came back from a week of skiing at snowshoe. It was my second time there. Had a great time. It was super cold when I was there though.

I went with a group of 5 friends and we were there from monday through friday.

I have 2 complaints 1) there was no where to change clothes other than the filthy bathrooms 2) the main ski lift to take us back to the village was closed for much of the time so we had to do some walking in ski boots(difficult).

Other than that I had a fantastic time. The slopes are well maintained and I didnt get bored during the week. Staff was friendly and proffesssional, restaurants were good. Im still a beginner so I stayed on the green slopes. A couple nights out the week we went over to silver creek to get in some night skiing. I cant wait for skiing next year.

Snowshoe is beautiful and a good experience, cant wait to go back

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Snowshoe Mountain Resort has the best skiing south of New York. Over 50 trails and slopes and they are long. My husband is a black diamond skier and I am a green skier and we both love the options. Whether we are skiing together or apart it is always fun and the views are phenomenal. Great for couples, families or friend trips.

1 Thank kjt87
WV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Snowshoe regular, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We love West Virginia and love to support business/resorts in our home state. We are a Snowshoe regular, going at least a couple times per year and staying at various areas. This past weekend, conditions were terribly harsh with wind chills well below zero. We took our two year old and planned to let her run at Big Top with the bouncy houses. Because there's little to no parking there, we had to rely on the bus system. At Big Top, the bus does not pull in and there's no shelter that allows you to wait. The buses didn't come through this area and my husband stood outside, with short breaks inside, for at least an hour in crazy wind, snow and temperatures. Otherwise, it was impossible to even see a bus and they won't pull in. We were both beginning to panic, especially after others inside confirmed they were facing the same dilemma. We finally begged a driver---that happened to pull into this off main road section---- to take us to the village where we had to get off and wait on another bus. It was so packed that everyone couldn't fit and some nice people let us board with the little one and we took this second bus back to Soaring Eagle. As a mother, I was beside myself, and yes this is a ski resort, but I've always felt it was kid friendly and she absolutely loved playing at Big Top.

Soaring Eagle is our favorite and this time our one bedroom deluxe was dirty upon arrival. We all have different levels of what we consider clean. There was old food on the floor and dirt/rocks from shoes. It certainly didn't appear as if it had been cleaned and that has never been our experience before.

We went to the restaurant downstairs and had dinner that was atrocious. We have always had good meals at Snowshoe. We ordered the special steak, California rolls and a spring roll appetizer and none of it was fit to eat------and we aren't complainers and wouldn't dream of sending something back. It is just a shame because we want this place to be successful and with that kind of service and food, it won't be. The waitress was nice, however, my husband asked for a growler to be filled with a local brewery's beer and another waitress said sure, but I expect a big tip. Very rude and the staff just didn't seem to be very trained. In their defense, we had eaten at this same restaurant on a prior trip and everything was wonderful, so maybe it was a bad night or we picked the wrong things.

To sum it up, the resort needs to continue to be accommodating and patron-first in mentality. We may have just encountered a harsh, busy weekend, but in going forward and visiting again, we will make adjustments to our plans based on our experiences this weekend. It's not cheap, and we could easily go to the Greenbrier and spend less. We will try again, but will modify our outings considerably. We will never be caught without our own vehicle again.

2 Thank lidwil09
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This resort is well done. We stayed at the The Inn at Snowshoe which is a 15 min drive from the mountain. The Inn offers an indoor pool and breakfast. Our room was not ready when we arrived and they gave me 20% off the stay without me asking. We will stay in the village next time solely due to location. My oldest son took an all day lesson and loved it. My youngest skied a little, got cold, and played at the Big Top for the rest of the day. Great place, highly recommended.

1 Thank pjoepondo
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Another Good Snowshoe Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family has been coming here from across the eastern U.S. for years, and Snowshoe never fails to deliver. Always a great time. Is it Colorado or Utah? No - but it's a lot easier to get to and a lot cheaper.

I don't know where some of these people are finding rude employees, because other than one bus driver a few years ago, everyone at Snowshoe has been friendly and helpful. Are we rude to them, or try to renegotiate a deal that's already been made? No; we have integrity that seems to be sorely lacking.

I have to laugh at the people who complain about the cell phone service - the lack of cell phone service is one of the BEST things about Snowshoe. If you are that dependent upon your cellphone to exist, you need to change your life - and soon.

We'll be back!