“Great skiing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 attractions in Snowshoe
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Snowshoe Mountain Resort is a four-season mountain playground. In the winter months, Snowshoe is home to the best skiing and snowboarding in the Mid-Atlantic and southeast with an elevation of 4848', 1500' vertical drop and 244 skiable acres! The summer transforms the mountain to a world-class mountain biking destination, a home to amazing summer events such as the Blues, Brews & BBQ festival and fun outdoor activities for the whole family. Come check out what all the buzz is about at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. You Belong Up Here.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Great skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Snowshoe Mountain Resort has the best skiing south of New York. Over 50 trails and slopes and they are long. My husband is a black diamond skier and I am a green skier and we both love the options. Whether we are skiing together or apart it is always fun and the views are phenomenal. Great for couples, families or friend trips.

WV
“Snowshoe regular, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We love West Virginia and love to support business/resorts in our home state. We are a Snowshoe regular, going at least a couple times per year and staying at various areas. This past weekend, conditions were terribly harsh with wind chills well below zero. We took our two year old and planned to let her run at Big Top with the bouncy houses. Because there's little to no parking there, we had to rely on the bus system. At Big Top, the bus does not pull in and there's no shelter that allows you to wait. The buses didn't come through this area and my husband stood outside, with short breaks inside, for at least an hour in crazy wind, snow and temperatures. Otherwise, it was impossible to even see a bus and they won't pull in. We were both beginning to panic, especially after others inside confirmed they were facing the same dilemma. We finally begged a driver---that happened to pull into this off main road section---- to take us to the village where we had to get off and wait on another bus. It was so packed that everyone couldn't fit and some nice people let us board with the little one and we took this second bus back to Soaring Eagle. As a mother, I was beside myself, and yes this is a ski resort, but I've always felt it was kid friendly and she absolutely loved playing at Big Top.

Soaring Eagle is our favorite and this time our one bedroom deluxe was dirty upon arrival. We all have different levels of what we consider clean. There was old food on the floor and dirt/rocks from shoes. It certainly didn't appear as if it had been cleaned and that has never been our experience before.

We went to the restaurant downstairs and had dinner that was atrocious. We have always had good meals at Snowshoe. We ordered the special steak, California rolls and a spring roll appetizer and none of it was fit to eat------and we aren't complainers and wouldn't dream of sending something back. It is just a shame because we want this place to be successful and with that kind of service and food, it won't be. The waitress was nice, however, my husband asked for a growler to be filled with a local brewery's beer and another waitress said sure, but I expect a big tip. Very rude and the staff just didn't seem to be very trained. In their defense, we had eaten at this same restaurant on a prior trip and everything was wonderful, so maybe it was a bad night or we picked the wrong things.

To sum it up, the resort needs to continue to be accommodating and patron-first in mentality. We may have just encountered a harsh, busy weekend, but in going forward and visiting again, we will make adjustments to our plans based on our experiences this weekend. It's not cheap, and we could easily go to the Greenbrier and spend less. We will try again, but will modify our outings considerably. We will never be caught without our own vehicle again.

Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This resort is well done. We stayed at the The Inn at Snowshoe which is a 15 min drive from the mountain. The Inn offers an indoor pool and breakfast. Our room was not ready when we arrived and they gave me 20% off the stay without me asking. We will stay in the village next time solely due to location. My oldest son took an all day lesson and loved it. My youngest skied a little, got cold, and played at the Big Top for the rest of the day. Great place, highly recommended.

Chicago, Illinois
“Another Good Snowshoe Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family has been coming here from across the eastern U.S. for years, and Snowshoe never fails to deliver. Always a great time. Is it Colorado or Utah? No - but it's a lot easier to get to and a lot cheaper.

I don't know where some of these people are finding rude employees, because other than one bus driver a few years ago, everyone at Snowshoe has been friendly and helpful. Are we rude to them, or try to renegotiate a deal that's already been made? No; we have integrity that seems to be sorely lacking.

I have to laugh at the people who complain about the cell phone service - the lack of cell phone service is one of the BEST things about Snowshoe. If you are that dependent upon your cellphone to exist, you need to change your life - and soon.

We'll be back!

Highlands, North Carolina
“Horrible Customer Serivice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I were so excited about our upcoming trip to Snowshoe. All that excited stopped when we got an email from SnowShoe advertising that the same room that we paid $240.00, is now available at $144.00 for the same dates. Hoping that they would have a well rehearsed customer service team, I called and explained the situation hoping they would credit me back some money or at least upgrade our room, something! When speaking with the representative, she said that they could not honor the discounted price but I would be more than welcome to cancel my reservation and forfeit my entire deposit of $244.00. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. Well, the young lady I was speaking with put me on hold and then came back to tell me that her supervisor could do nothing for me and that once again, I was more than welcome to cancel my reservation. I am a concierge at a very nice hotel that sells rooms well above this nightly rate and we would never treat any of our guests this way. When we a guest asks to speak to a supervisor, we deliver the supervisor. I am appalled that the supervisor would not even get on the phone but let his front line worker do all of the dirty work. I am no longer a fan of snowshoe and wish I had never booked this room. I would rather drive 2 hours to a hotel after snowboarding all day than stay at SnowShoe.