“Great Mountain Golf Club” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Snowshoe
Activities: Golfing, Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by golf legend Gary Player, this 18-hole championship layout features dramatic elevation changes and rugged rock faces.
Cumberland, Maryland
49 attraction reviews
“Great Mountain Golf Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have skied for years at Snowshoe and since I took up golf, I have always wanted to visit this course. I have a WV Golf Association VIP card which made my trip to Snowshoe very economical. I played a Jack Nicklaus course the day before and it was special to then play a Gary Player course. This is predominantly a mountain layout and was beautiful. The fairways and green were in very good condition. All the staff members, particularly Chris were very helpful. This course is in the mountains of WV and is a trip from almost everywhere, but it is worth it.

Visited June 2014

Clyde, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“A Mountaintop Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

After a skiing vacation at Snowshoe Mountain several years ago, I had hoped to someday return to enjoy the Gary Player designed Raven Golf Club. I finally was able make it happen on a golf trip last Fall. Great decision! It was definitely well worth the winding journey through the West Virginia wilderness to tee off from this gem. 'Spectacular' hardly describes this wonderful layout. The views, routing and scenery are beautiful and breathtaking. Really, almost any one of the 18 could easily qualify as the 'signature hole'. Additional proof that this is an architectual masterpiece is the fact that we could even play the course after the area had been inundated with 3" of rain the day before. Over the years, I have had the good fortune of playing some pretty amazing venues, such as Firestone South, Inverness, Kapalua Plantation Course, Longaberger, Mauna Lani South, etc., but the Raven definitely ranks in my top 5 favorite courses. In fact, the course made such a positive impression on us that my golf buddy and I are altering our golf trip plans so that we can include another round at The Raven again this year. So, if you are in the vicinity, by all means make every effort to play the Raven. You won't regret it!

Visited September 2013
Palmyra, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
“Raven Golf Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A beautiful and challenging layout designed by Gary Player. Great golf value and woman friendly. An excellent and fun golf challenge. Beautiful scenery as well. Helpful and friendly staff. Good restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Berwick, Maine
29 attraction reviews
“we had and event here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

just at the drivimng range, place and layout ids great here, big course, friendly staff, had fun here

Visited July 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Beautiful course, good pricing and cool temps even in the summer, what's not to love? People are so nice and the place is never really crowded

Visited June 2013