Trip was 28-31 Dec. Arrived at 540pm. The mountain was at 100% capacity. There were 2 or 3 other couples/groups picking up keys as well. April told me when I picked up the keys the room was clean and ready to go. Its about a 6 mile drive from the real estate office to the inn. So it took about 15min with road conditions, night driviing, windy road etc. Get to the room with wife and 2 small children. 1)Room NOT clean. Towels piled on floor, sheets off bed piled on floor, toilet full of urine, sink full of hair. Again room NOT clean. OK let me call down to the office. Phone NOT working. Can't use cell because mountain does not have cell provider. Apil told me on check-in that AT&T is having a dispute with whomever blah blah. They haven't had cell coverage in last 3 months. Wow didn't see or read anything about that on any website. Soooo everyone get back in the truck go back down the mountain. Tell April room not clean, she says she knows??? How long will it take 2-3hours, 10 hours? Can you give me a hint? Not sure she says but will get someone there soon. Also inform her of phone not working.
Come back to room hour and half later and there is a nice lady named AJ cleaning the room. We watch TV, which is Direct TV and go to bed.
Next Morning, hot water is spotty. One minute it is scalding hot, 10 min later it is ice cold. Phone still NOT working. Remember there is NO cell coverage on mountain, no matter what carrier you have. We leave the room come back approx 130pm. Direct TV is out, NO TV in the room. Remember I have 2 small children that like watching cartoons and keeps them preoccupied. Direct TV is showing message "can't find signal". Sooo NO TV, NO PHONE. I brought a bunch of DVDs for the trip and we watch those in the evening.
Next morning wake up to NO POWER. Snow storm has knocked all power out on mountain. So to recap NO Phone, TV, of course Power now.
Power comes back on approx 115pm. But TV and Phone are stil out.
Check out hotel next morning. No refund or comp offered by First Tract. Not coming back thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Snowshoe offers standard, one and two bedroom units located at the base of Snowshoe Mountain. The Inn at Snowshoe is six miles from the slopes and Village at Snowshoe. This property has been a favorite of skiers for decades. It offers all the amenities you need in one location at very reasonable prices. The Inn is a full service hotel with a host of amenities including: Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi and Exercise Room, Arcade, Restaurant and Bar, Full Service Front Desk and Gift Shop. Please note, the standard rooms at the Inn at Snowshoe are non-cooking rooms. Plus, all standard rooms and the lobby are non-smoking. Food is available at the Inn at Snowshoe at Brandi's Restaurant as well as at Brandi's Bar. Complimentary breakfast is also included for rooms at the Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Vantage Inn at Snowshoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vantage Inn At Snowshoe Hotel Snowshoe
- Snowshoe Mountain Hotel
- Mountain Hotel Snowshoe
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort Resort Snowshoe