“No Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Snowshoe B&B and Inns
Ashburn, Virginia
“No Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Trip was 28-31 Dec. Arrived at 540pm. The mountain was at 100% capacity. There were 2 or 3 other couples/groups picking up keys as well. April told me when I picked up the keys the room was clean and ready to go. Its about a 6 mile drive from the real estate office to the inn. So it took about 15min with road conditions, night driviing, windy road etc. Get to the room with wife and 2 small children. 1)Room NOT clean. Towels piled on floor, sheets off bed piled on floor, toilet full of urine, sink full of hair. Again room NOT clean. OK let me call down to the office. Phone NOT working. Can't use cell because mountain does not have cell provider. Apil told me on check-in that AT&T is having a dispute with whomever blah blah. They haven't had cell coverage in last 3 months. Wow didn't see or read anything about that on any website. Soooo everyone get back in the truck go back down the mountain. Tell April room not clean, she says she knows??? How long will it take 2-3hours, 10 hours? Can you give me a hint? Not sure she says but will get someone there soon. Also inform her of phone not working.

Come back to room hour and half later and there is a nice lady named AJ cleaning the room. We watch TV, which is Direct TV and go to bed.

Next Morning, hot water is spotty. One minute it is scalding hot, 10 min later it is ice cold. Phone still NOT working. Remember there is NO cell coverage on mountain, no matter what carrier you have. We leave the room come back approx 130pm. Direct TV is out, NO TV in the room. Remember I have 2 small children that like watching cartoons and keeps them preoccupied. Direct TV is showing message "can't find signal". Sooo NO TV, NO PHONE. I brought a bunch of DVDs for the trip and we watch those in the evening.

Next morning wake up to NO POWER. Snow storm has knocked all power out on mountain. So to recap NO Phone, TV, of course Power now.

Power comes back on approx 115pm. But TV and Phone are stil out.

Check out hotel next morning. No refund or comp offered by First Tract. Not coming back thanks.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sterling, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Not a one of the pictures shown on the listing is of this so called Inn. Once upon a time it operated as a small 15 room motel. Now, its just a bunch of one bedroom vacation rentals. It is totally misrepresented here as an operating inn. There is no food and beverage, no front desk, no nothing except some tiny motel rooms. There are NO hotels atop Snowshoe, only rental condos/townhouses and private homes, all of which are found on Flipkey/VRBO/Snowshoe, or assorted vacation rental websites.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Was part of a tour package. Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfasts were fully rounded out - eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, breads and rolls, juices, etc. Rooms were particularly well maintained and clean. All-in-all: a great bargain!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

We stayed at the Vantage Inn during May and had a great time! Our room was modern and cozy. We enjoyed our plasma screen TV and the loads of movies we could choose from their movie library. The views were amazing! Clear views of the mountains and the village! The location is ideal for skiers its right at Cupp Run and its a short walk to the village and all the shops. It’s directly connected to the Red Fox, which was superb...recommend it to anyone who visits to snowshoe...best dining on the mountain! Downstairs is the only Spa on the moutain. They also have a large and bright fitness facility equipped with up to date equipment, and slope side outdoor hot tubs. The staff at the Spa also oversees the Inn and were very accommodating, we enjoyed the personal service. I would recommend the Vantage Inn to anyone planning a trip to Snowshoe.

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

Last week, Aug. 12-14, my husband and I stayed at the Vantage Inn in room 105 at Snowshoe. The reason for our trip was the IBO World Championship. When I called to make reservations, I had the pleasures of speaking with very kind people.

However, the stay at the Vantage Inn was nothing like what we expected. As a matter of fact, we have stayed at Snowshoe several times with friends and family, as well as church groups to ski but never stayed at the Vantage Inn-only at the Snowshoe lodge, The Inn and Silver Creek .

First, while making reservations, I asked several questions about the unit we would be renting. I was lead to believe that the Vantage Inn had a large and small jacuzzi for the renters at the hotel. Upon seeing the jacuzzis, I saw that neither could be used, they were both green. I do realize that it was a bit chilly, however, if the hotel was not going to make them accessible, it should be made aware to the people calling and reserving a room, shouldn't it? This is just the beginning and very minor compared to the rest of the stay.

My husband and I arrived at our room, only to find that the bed duvet' cover was dirty with dried bodily fluids that I don't care to mention. I pulled the top cover off, to find the sheets with long black hairs-the same hairs that was behind the bathroom door. I called the front desk to get new bed clothes and was told that a duvet cover couldn't be located and was assured that we would have one by morning (but we were not as much as offered another cover until then-Thank goodness I found a blanket in the closet).

Next, we noticed that it was quite humid and hot in the room. We adjusted the thermostat for the air conditioner and got no result. Since we were having bad luck thus far, we tried the fireplace to make sure it worked, in the event that we might need it. It didn't work either. Again, we called the front desk. Shortly, someone from maintenance called and said they were on the way to check the fireplace. A gentleman arrived and looked at our fireplace and told us that these type of fireplaces had a lot of trouble staying on. He pulled the front off the fireplace, showed my husband how to reset a switch, at the same time saying, "You want to be careful now, this can and will shock you if you're not careful..." (Now, that's a re-assuring thought, isn't it?)

Evening came and we decided to go out to eat with 2 other couples that were staying in the same complex. (We tried to call them to confirm dinner plans, only to find that their phone didn't work and never was fixed throughout their stay.) Soon after trying to call them, I got into the shower and saw that there was mold ALL over the inside of the shower curtain. I don't live like this at home, nevertheless, in a room that was nearly $100/night to stay in... (This isn't sanitary at all!) I was speechless and angry at this point. This stay was quickly becoming an huge aggravation... My husband began getting ready and his watch band came fell off his arm because he lost the pin to the band. We knelt down on the floor to look for the pin beside the bed to find a nice pile of toe nail clippings beside the bed!!! GROSS, the floor hadn't been swept!

That night after dinner, I was going to read with the bed-side lamp on my sideof the bed but it didn't work. I had my husband trade sides with me-his side didn't work either! Giving up on that, I decided to try to get some sleep. We opened our window in hopes of cooling down, only to find that there were SEVERAL A/C units right outside our window roaring so loudly that we couldn't sleep, so we closed the window and the window opener fell off in my hand. At this point, I had to laugh at, what was becoming a joke. The next morning, we called the front desk to see what could be wrong with the air and was surprisingly, asked by a person at the front desk, "And what do you expect me to do about it?". I am sure this response was triggered by the many calls we made BUT, we were very frustrated as well. Air was something that we definitely wanted and had requested when making our reservations. Maintenance was sent to look at the A/C unit and they informed us that it was "froze up" and they would try to do something. The air did get fixed the 2nd day of our stay.

On this 2nd day, the IBO shoot was postponed then canceled due to the fog. Needless to say, it was cold and damp. We returned to our room and still had no duvet cover. This time, my husband called the front desk, apologizing for the constant calling but, we believed it to be necessary... This time, my husband started listing the things we had been dealing with; the bed cover and sheets, shower curtain, the fire place, the A/C, the light bulbs and the dirty floors. At this point, I was getting ready to go out to eat with my husband and friends. While in the shower this 2nd evening, I was hit in the back with something while washing my hair. I looked in the bottom of the tub to find plaster pieces floating that had fallen from the ceiling! The upstairs room's bathroom was leaking into our ceiling, making the plaster fall into our tub! Was this someone's bath water, commode water or sink water soaking our ceiling, falling on me?

Shortly after this call, 3 people showed up, the room was actually cleaned and things that could be taken care of were. Soon after they left, we received a call from a gentleman named Jamie that said we would be credited the first night's stay and asked if we wanted to move to another room. It being so late and us having our stuff where we wanted it in the room and the now clean room, this move wouldn't have been worth another trouble.

The morning that we were due to depart, my husband stepped out of the shower and backed into the heated towel rack. Don't get me wrong, this is a great amenity, but, this rack was so hot that it immediately stuck to his skin, pulled off skin on his side, the size of a quarter and burned a place about 4-5 inches long and 1-2 inches wide. It was bad enough that he had to report to the Shaver's Center where this was reported and recorded. I don't think the heated racks should get that hot, especially when they haven't been on long. This is sure to leave a scar.

Aside from all this, the dining was GREAT and the shoppe workers were great and helpful, as always.

I hope, next time, the stay will be more enjoyable instead of such a constant hassle and frustration.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2004

We stayed at the Vantage Inn for the 3 days before Xmas 2003. The room was great - small - but we would prefer to call it "cozy" - plush and had everything a young urban couple could want - a 42 inch wall mounted plasma TV, satellite TV, DVD and VCR players, a very attractive gas fireplace, king bed with luxurious bedding (very inviting!), 1 person spa bath (although the water got cold before we could fill it up!), free parking, ski on/off and directly adjacent to the Red Fox restaurant (AMAZING food, service - definitely go there - you need a reservation way in advance) and the health spa. There was a cool bar upstairs too - but it's only a 5 min walk to the main village. WE would definitely stay here next time

Been to Vantage Inn at Snowshoe? Share your experiences!