“Gem in the mountains” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elk River Touring

Elk River Touring
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slatyfork
Elk River Touring
You added Elk River Touring to your Saves list
Hc69 Box7, Slatyfork, WV 26921   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Slatyfork B&B and Inns
morgantown
“Gem in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My second trip in as many years to Elk River TC for a guided fly fishing package. I stayed in a lodge room (very nice, clean and comfortable) and fished with a guide each of 3 days. This is spectacular country and whether you are fishing, biking, hiking, or just sight-seeing, Elk River TC is a great home base. Owners Gil and Mary can provide lots of suggestions for things to do and see, or as in my case arrange for guided fly fishing (and instruction) in some pretty darn nice mountain streams. The lodge itself includes a few rooms, restaurant (open for dinnerThursday -Sunday and you shouldn't miss having dinner, I highly recommend it), bar, fly shop, and a sitting room. Other accomdations are also available. Elk River TC is very professionally run with a country yet high-end feel to it. Looking forward to a return trip next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Business
morgantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at Elk River TC as part of a 5 day fly fishing trip. The lodge and restaurant are both very nice-clean and comfortable. Hosts are terrific and staff is friendly yet professional. My package included dinners (when the dining room was open for the week-end), breakfast and lunch every day). Dinners were excellent quality, breakfast (I ate too much), and packed lunch. Fly fishing trip was fantastic. I recommend it. An opportunity to see some great country (a very scenic part of the state), nice trout water, and good company. Whether experienced or not (as in my case), this is a great trip hosted by a really nice place and super folks.
Just down-home nice hidden gem.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dunnellon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I would definitely recommend this B & B. We found our room clean and pleasantly furnished with antiques and comfortable bed. I was particularly impressed with the restaurant. menu.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Elkins, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We were on our way to bike Snowshoe, and I had remembered a friend's tip about this inn. We stopped just to eat, and ended up staying. The food was wonderful, much better then anything we have had on the mountain. The trails were great- they have admittedly not been able to maintain all of them- but the extensive trails and the ability to come back to the inn for the post ride beer and dinner was priceless. The food was by far the most expensive part but I have defiantely spent more on less. The trails were great and all levels, the rooms were cozy and only made to sleep and shower in (we stayed in the lodge).
Try it, you will come back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

The Restaurant is one of several businesses that are part of the Elk River Touring Center. The dining room was very nice and service was excellent. We were there on a Thursday evening which is live entertainment night. The entertainers were obviously local and semi-amateur, but the music was very enjoyable and well presented. The restaurant was nearly full. Strangely, virtually everyone (including us) arrived very close to 6:30PM.

The menu includes some rather sophisticated entries. One would expect complex flavors that nicely compliment each other. In practice, the individual flavors were rather harsh and clashed with each other. There was nothing specifically wrong with any ingredient, but the combination did not result in a superior entrée. We speculated that the evening’s cook did not have the skill of the chef who developed the recipe. Prices are in line with other good restaurants, but a little high for our entries as prepared.

Of course, there is a shortage of fine restaurants in this area of remote West Virginia. Elk River may well be the best restaurant in the area but you may want to stick with the more conventional entries.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

This is just a review for the restaurant portion of the Elk River Inn in WV. We loved it. It is probably one of the best restaurants in the area. We own at Snowshoe and have been trying to book a dinner reservation the last three trips there. We finally were able to get in and it is definitely worth the trip down the mountain.
The restaurant is small. The food is delicious. My husband had Black Grouper, my daughter and I had the filet mignon. The chef cooked rice for her since she did like mashed potatoes. We all had salads to start and I had the strawberry rubarb pie for dessert.
I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone traveling in the area or staying at the inn!

Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slatyfork
Serenity Now
Seneca Condos
Seneca Condos
#4 of 24 in Snowshoe
4.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews

Been to Elk River Touring? Share your experiences!