“Warm and Cozy Stay in Shinnston WV” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gillum House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shinnston
Gillum House Bed & Breakfast
You added Gillum House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
35 Walnut St., Shinnston, WV 26431   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Shinnston B&B and Inns
Roanoke, Virginia
“Warm and Cozy Stay in Shinnston WV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

What a wonderful warm and cozy stay we had at Gillum House in Shinnston WV. I highly recommend this B&B as the choice lodging while in Shinnston or surrounding areas. It is just a short drive off I-79.

We stayed at this B&B for a brief overnight as a family, enroute to Pittsburgh, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The hosts Kathleen and John were welcoming and friendly. The beds were ultra comfy, the linens soft and the pillows perfect. The Inn is very quiet, we did not hear any street noise. Both bathrooms are oversized and very spacious with excellent water pressure and ample towels.

Gillum House is on a side street and one block from the library which our girls enjoyed.

Kathleen pulled out all stops with her fantastic "knock your socks off" breakfast. The table was set so beautifully and the coffee outstanding. She had at least 25 types of coffee for us to choose from in green-bean-form then she roasted them to our taste (dark roast) and ground it fresh. She sent us away with a care package of coffee and extra pumpkin chocolate muffins for the road. Beats the heckouta hotel stale nasty bitter coffee - let me tell you!

If you have a chance to visit this area, you will be glad you stayed at Gillum House. There simply is no comparison.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

Staying with Kathleen is like staying with your favorite aunt-- she treats you like a treasured guest where you drink out of heritage glass and use antique plates, but you feel comfortable enough to kick off your shoes at the table.

I'd worked a very long day, and so when Kathleen offered me dinner along with my stay, I was relieved.

I'm a vegetarian, and it's never easy to find a place to eat. It wasn't a problem at Gillum House! Kathleen can cater meals to adhere to any vegan, gluten-free, or low fat diet plan. And it all tastes just fantastic. Breakfast was also terrific, and just as healthy.

While I was in town, I popped on over to the Perpetual Chapel, just to see what it was. What a soothing experience. I also walked around the town. Shinnston is the kind of hometown you don't see often anymore, quiet and peaceful. That night at Gillum House, I slept like a baby.

I arrived at Gillum House harried, and left it mellow and rested. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Been to Gillum House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!