“A Diferent Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

304-876-2551
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
San Jose, California
“A Diferent Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This a large restaurant. The focus is on Bavarian cuisine, but the also have a wild game menu. The food is nicely presented. The prices are reasonable. The service for us was excellent, but on the previous night there was some sort of break down which left some customers dissatisfied. Reservations are a good idea.

Visited October 2012
DavidAsam, Owner at Bavarian Inn Dining Room, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind remarks. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience. Thank you also for reminding others about making reservations, as it truly helps a restuarant plan accordingly to give the attentive service our guests deserve!
The Asam Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Killington
“OMG LOL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I were on am excursion that lead us through the area where we were meeting with friends for a short stay at their home. Upon their recomendation we decided to dine at the Bavarian Inn as it had a very solid reputataion. When we arrived for dinner we were "greeted" at the dining room entrance by a young lady who seemed more interested in her text messages than in our presence, I finally had to ask to be taken to a table. We were seated a rather dimly lit room with what could have been a lot of charm except once again there were staff with cell phones everywhere. It must have been nearly 15 minutes before the four of us were acknowledged. Our server, a younger man, was courteous but not at all knowledgable with the menu. My wife has a very common food allergy to gluten so we inquired about which items would be safe for her. The young man said that he did not know and he left to talk to the chef, he was gone for about 10 more minutes. At this point we were only served water and bread.. too bad for my wife, right? When the server finally comes back he tells my wife to tell him what she wants and he will see if it would be okay for her? What was he doing while we were sitting there for all of that time?? We finally have our orders in, drinks and salads at the table. The server comes to our table and removes my wifes salad and explains that the dressing has a gluten product in it. She asked for a new salad with a different dressing. I had the special, a very good choice. My wife had the roasted pork and both of our guests had the crab cakes. They both complained that the crab meat seemed "off" as it were frozen or not a very fresh product. We had finished our dinners, or at least my wife and I did, and again we sat waiting for our server. Several other tables seemed to be looking around as if they needed attention as well. When our server finally returned to the table to see that my guests didn't eat even one half of their dinners he did not ask if there was a problem, he just cleared the table. He must have been in a hurry, it was later in the evening. We opted out of desert, recieved our check, and he took the payment.. again..long wait. I don't know what part of the experience was worse. The lack of knowledge, the lack of attention to us, the rude use of cell phones, or the fact that we were not ever once asked if there was a problem with food that was left virtually uneaten. This I can assure you, there will be no repeat visit if we are ever in the area nor would I ever suggest this restaurant to a friend nor an enemy.

Middletown, Maryland
“Old charm European feel and quality service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

While we have not stayed at the Bavarian Inn, my husband and I love having Sunday breakfast there. Additionally, we've had brunch (fantastic), celebrated birthdays, and had Thanksgiving and Christmas meals there as well. Our favorite breakfast dishes are probably the blueberry pancakes (my husband) and the corned beef hash (my favorite). When you want to get away and feel that you are back in Europe and of course in Bavaria Germany, then go to the Bavarian Inn. I love how it is one of the few restaurants that you can go to that has a touch of elegance and comfort at the same time and plays wonderful classical music in the background. The setting is gorgeous. And after Sunday breakfast, we love going to the Shepherdstown farmer's market. It really makes for a lovely morning.

Estero, Florida
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Already made comprehensive positive comment on the food.

Nothing to dislike. The German food as authentic and well prepared.

Visited September 2012
DavidAsam, Owner at Bavarian Inn Dining Room, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for the reviews of our hotel and restaurant. We again appreciate your comments, and hope to see you soon!
Mastic Beach, New York
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

3 years ago we had a bad experience with the food for the first time after eating here for years. The lamb they made was just terrible,which is unacceptable for the prices you pay. We had breakfast there the next morning (we were also staying at the Inn) and my pancakes were horrible. They tasted like old, microwaved pancakes. We stayed away for 2 years and decided to give them another chance this past September. We ordered a meal we've had before and loved (to play it safe) and it was just okay.
I'm only giving it 3 stars because the bar manager and wait staff were terrific. It's not their fault the food is not worth the exorbitant prices you pay.
I know of at least 2 other restaurants within a 5 mile radius where the prices are the same or a bit lower, and the food is a million times better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DavidAsam, Owner at Bavarian Inn Dining Room, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your dining experiences with us. We usually receive great comments on the dishes mentioned, but clearly fell short with yours. We do hope it is not another 3 years until you are able to join us again. We attempt to keep our prices comparable to our market, and often run great deals and specials which you can take advantage of. If you decide to come back, please contact me personally, so I can ensure you experience, what so many others have thoroughly enjoyed throughout the years. We thank you for your comments and for joining us, and hope to have the opportunity to offer you an fantastic experience in the future.