We come to Shepardstown every July for the Contemporary American Theater Festival. We love the Bavarian Inn's charm, scenic beauty and superb restaurant. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It is also very convenient to the theater venues. The new infinity pool is absolutely fabulous. We have stayed in the river view chalets and the garden view units and enjoyed both. The only downside this time was that the mattress in 85 seemed a bit soft/wornout. But we will definitely stay here again and are considering a weekend getaway other than during theater season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant