My husband and I had dreams of making it back to Hawaii for our big anniversaries but life gets in the way. Your place came highly recommended so we gave it a try for an overnight. Sure glad we did. What a beautiful place. Relaxing, amazing views. Customer service like no where else! Every person we came in contact with said "Happy Anniversary" (I guess it was mentioned in our reservations) What a nice touch! We walked downtown Saturday night to have dinner as there was a wedding on site that night. Found an awesome cafe. Blue Moon Cafe, the front desk was more then helpful with a map and suggestions. Enjoyed our balcony when we returned and again Sunday morning over coffee before lounging by the pool (in jeans and sweaters soaking up the April sun) before Brunch. Which was amazing by the way! We will try to make it an annual habit now to be back as we live nearby. Thank you for making our "big one" a special one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant