We have stayed at the Bavarian Inn numerous times over the last 25 years and have always enjoyed our visits. Most recently, we booked one of the suites (something I've always wanted to do) for a long weekend. Very disappointing -- several light bulbs in our room were burned out, the drapes were hanging half off the rod, and we had only 3 hangers. The employee at the front desk was sympathetic and offered a reduction in our room rate. When we went to check out, they said that no reduction had been authorized. After waiting about 20 minutes, we were told that they could do a small reduction for one night. Dinner one night was delicious (as it was in the past). The other two evenings the food was over-cooked and dry. I sent two emails to the owners and received no reply. It's a shame because we've always loved the Inn; but our "splurge weekend" was not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant