My husband and I stayed at the Bavarian Inn to attend the wedding of my niece. Our room was nice, however crowded because of the large wood bed and extra pieces of furniture. Bed was comfortable. The Room had a fridge; 2 vanity areas, a door to the outside balcony which overlooked the other buildings of the Inn -- a pretty view. We attended a private dinner celebration at the restaurant on Friday evening. German food was served which was delicious -- we also heard others complementing the food. The staff at the Inn were very attentive -- always offering to help out. We had breakfast on Sunday morning -- The Eggs Benedict and Crab Eggs Benedict got huge raves. The scenery in the area was beautiful on this fall weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River in Historic Shepherdstown West Virginia on 11 acres. The Bavarian Inn is a AAA Four Diamond Award Winning Dining Room and Hotel Accommodations. Most rooms have breathtaking river views from private balconies, whirlpool baths, and gas fireplaces. Fine German and Continental Cuisine. Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Casual Dining and Cocktails in the Rathskellar or on the outdoor garden patio. Walking distance to downtown Shepherdstown and great shopping. Golf Packages available with neighboring and private Cress Creek Country Club. Open 365 days per year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bavarian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavarian Hotel Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Inn Shepherdstown
- Bavarian Restaurant