“2013 Graduation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ripley
Ripley, West Virginia
“2013 Graduation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very Disapointed, I booked my daughter a room for 3 nights as she lived in Va and I also booked a room for saturday just for one night. My son attended project graduation and knew I had booked a room saturday so right after project graduation ended he was to tired to drive home and figured it would be safer to stop and see if they would allow him to check in early. He went to the front desk at 5:30am and asked the registration clerk if he could check in early verses risking falling asleep driving home as he just stayed up all night attending project graduation. The clerk was very nice and said yes that he would leave a note for the manager. My son checked into the room early and went straight to bed, There was no maid service or anything as all he did was sleep. Saturday night my dauther and I stayed to spend time at the hotel with her sister. When we went to check out our bill had two nights on it and to which it was questioned. The girl at the desk was not helpful and said sorry I can't go on your word and your charged for 2 nights. When I tried to explain things to her she laughed and said your charged for two nights. I was so floored that a hotel would take advantage of a graduate and very disapointed. All he wanted to do was check in early verses taking the chance of falling asleep at the wheel while driving home as we all know how dangerous it is on the country roads. My son would have went to his sisters room and slept if there would have been an extra charge but when the guy said no charge my sone didnt think there was a problem. I can say there are other hotels in the area and next year when my daughter graduates that is where our family members will stay. From what I was told it is being torn down for a sheetz and maybe it is time as the safety of teenagers should be more important than making a buck and taking advantage of the teenagers. Shame on YOU !!!! The hotel is old and it smells old. Our room was very outdated and smelled . Sorry but very disapointed .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

What a jewel.
I called ahead to request a special room for my folks. I needed ADA facilities and close to the door, because my father can barely walk....and Mom not much better.
When we arrived, the clerk nicely suggested the easiest entrance to their room.
As promised, it was close to parking. Only 25 to 30 feet to the bed from the car. Large spacious ADA bathroom with perfect "no step" shower entrance & a shower chair.
Although the exterior & interior of this hotel / conference center are showing age. It was clean. They have a beautiful, Garden of Eden-esque courtyard within the center of this facility. Just off the back of the hotel, there are benches overlooking a small creek & large field with pavilion which appear to belong to this business.
Very convenient. Right off I-77. Fuel, drug stores, food and more are close by.
It was dark when we arrived and raining the next morning or I would provide better photographs.
I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Branchland, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and have never been disappointed. It is an older property, but very well maintaind and GREAT staff! We were traveling with friends for a basketball game and didn't get in until late. They have a restraunt "Johnny Mac's" right on site. We had 5 kids with us and they were awesome... I will stay here agin when in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped here overnight and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The grounds were beautiful. The staff could not have been friendlier nor more helpful. The breakfast was cooked - eggs, sausage, toast, juices, and more. The lobby was very inviting.

We will definitely stop here any time we are in the vicinity. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: We were on the courtyard side, which had a lovely view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had to make a last minute overnight stop and this was one of the few places that had rooms. The hotel is a bit dated, but very clean and the staff was wonderful. It could use an updating all the way around, but it is very well maintained. We liked our room which was quiet and comfortable. The only item that needed attention was the bed. It lacked cushioning on top and was a bit hard.

The breakfast was very good, lots of hot food. The staff person in charge was always there taking care of things. The price for the room was excellent, a good value for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: If I were staying more than one night, I'd want to be sure the bed was more comfortable. Otherw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place is roughly halfway between Cleveland (me) and Roanoke VA (daughter) so I stayed here one night. The room was clean and quiet, but the wireless Internet did not work....it kept asking me for the router password, which of course I did not know and neither did the front desk. However they did have a computer in the lobby so I used that. There is a restaurant right next door which is convenient. The room had a recliner which was very comfy. The free breakfast was very satisfactory, better than most hotels at double the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel was a pleasant surprise! Yes, it is an older motel, however, the condition and cleanliness of it made my trip very comfortable. There were no bedbugs (as previously reviewed) and the beds were comfortable. I've paid much more and gotten way less than I did at McCoy's! The staff was very helpful and willing to assist in anything we requested. The location is convenient to the interstate as well as several local attractions. Shopping and dining is within walking distance. Overall, can't complain about McCoy's, will stay there again when in the area and will recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to McCoy's Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!