“Will not stay there again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Four Seasons Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richwood
The Four Seasons Lodge
Save Saved
You added The Four Seasons Lodge to your Saves list
Drawer F - Route 39-55, Richwood, WV 26261   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Richwood
“Will not stay there again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering our room there was a putrid smell,we opened all of the windows and left to do some site seeing. When we returned and inspected the room further we found large mosquitos smashed on the wall,mold in the refrigerator and cob webs large enough to support a tarantula.

We stayed after I cleaned the room. I complained to management but I was told they were short staffed and recovering from a power outage. Does that mean no cleaning? We will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2012

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Pros - Beautiful View of the Falls, Location, Location, Location. Near Cherry River for trout fishing
Clean Sheets and rooms. If making reservation ask for the newer section closest to the
road.
Cons. - it is not the Marriott , so think of it as an adventure. The lower rooms are out of the
1950s .. Small bathrooms..

Room Tip: Rooms nearest the road are more modern
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Elkview, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Our most recent stay was a little different. The hotel is under new management and things are not the same. Rates have went up and the room was dirty. Shower full of hair and room hadn't been used or cleaned in a while and it was a deluxe, because it had a microwave and fridge. Room was dusty and dirty looking also. Coffee pot was filthy had to be washed before we could use it. Have stayed here many times and rooms didn't look like that one did and they told me we could check in anytime after 7am on the day we was going up there which made no sense to me now I no why it didn't need cleaned up . Don't know if I will stay there again or not, there is not much choice of hotels in this town.

Room Tip: Might try rooms up stairs not below but it will be noisier because of traffic but might be cleaner c...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Richwood hotels

Mogadore, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at this establishment, as we always do, for our 2011 family reunion.

What a difference a year makes…

This hotel is under new ownership & things are definitely not the same…

I booked my room 18 months in advance @ the rate of $56.00 per night.
When I checked in, the rates were $80.00 per night, which I wasn’t very happy about but what can you do…

I was there for a 3 night stay, the first night; the maid service was in the room next to mine with a plunger & a bottle of liquid plumber, never a good sign…

The next day, I personally spoke w/the housekeeping ladies, explained that we didn’t need a full cleaning, but we did need fresh towels. Needless to say, we never received them, along with any other supplies. There’s nothing like running out of toilet paper at 3am 

Day #2, in the evening, the room on the other side of my room had bathroom toilet pluming problems, with the toilet over flowing, covering the entire bathroom floor. That room’s occupant was informed that it was too late to do anything until the morning. Once morning came, no housekeeping services attempted to clean the room at all. It was almost like they were avoiding the room. After a very boisterous complaint to management, he did have housekeeping return to deliver fresh linens. Who wants to have over flowing toilet water lingering on their bathroom floor, that’s disgusting…

This establishment has an ice machine vending room. Upon entering to retrieve some ice, I discovered that the room was overflowing with discarded room amenities from the recent upgrades (if that’s what you want to call it). We are talking lamps, bed mattresses, night stands, fans, sweepers, and trash cans among many boxes of who knows what. Basically, the ice machine vending room was overflowing with soon to be discarded junk. It just wasn’t very professional at all…

I was traveling with a family member who requires handicap parking due to medical issues, but we were not able to park in the handicap designated parking space because the new owner parks his car there. That parking spot was right in front of the office entrance door. He parked his car there EVERY day & night of our 3 night stay. He never moved his car once during our visit.

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 8 years and after this most recent stay, I don’t think that I will be patronizing this establishment any more.

I miss the old owners of this hotel!!!
The new owners have a lot to learn about the hospitality industry & customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WDC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

For the last four years, we have stayed here for the Ramp Fest in April. The setting is wonderful; very peaceful. You can sit out by the little water fall and let the sound of the water relax you. The place is older, but they keep it up as best they can. Cleaning the rooms could be a little better, but again, the place is just older, so they do they best they can with what they have. I don't find the beds all that comfy, but they are adequate for a couple nights. We don't come back here every year for the room, we come back so we can sit by the waterfall and relax and enjoy the various state parks around Richwood -- many outdoor activities available in this area. Be sure and go to Chachi's Pizza & Wings restaurant in the shopping center with the Food Land and Rite Aid. Chachi's also delivers to the Four Seasons, but it's more fun to eat there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed at the Four Seasons Lodge over the Fouth of July Holiday. We were in town for a Family Reunion. The website to this Hotel needs to be updated. The rooms are recently renovated and the views and surrounding landscape is amazing. The Room was peaceful and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a great time there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I frequently stay at the Four Seasons Lodge when visiting relatives in the area. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are very clean and well kept.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to The Four Seasons Lodge? Share your experiences!