“Clean and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ranson
Virginia
“Clean and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I used my IHG Bonus Anniversary Rewards to book this room. Very disappointed with check in. Not a welcome or hello. I had to give my name. She asked for ID and credit card. Put paper in front of me to initial and sign. Said my room was down the hall. Did not tell my husband nor I when breakfast was served. I had to ask about the free shuttle to the casino. I think her name was Lindsay. Also on the departure one staff member at 10:00 on Sunday and she was on the phone and I had to leave my keys on the counter. She made me stand there and wait. Not a question about our stay. We travel often and I am very disappointed in the front desk staff. Nice clean hotel however the staff at the front desk need training.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charles Town, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We'll definitely speak to our people.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clinton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a family reunion and this hotel far exceeded my expectations the staff where all very friendly and helpful my phone did not work in this area and they where very helpful with directions the breakfast in the morning were fantastic and i would highly recommend this place added perk Hollywood Casino is right next door truly a blessed weekend

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
very glad you could visit and enjoyed your stay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was clean and well kept. The room was comfortable. The bed was hard but we got use to it quickly. The staff was helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was very good and had a lot of choices. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
wonderful to have you with us, look forward to seeing you again.
burlington nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent location to Hollywood Casino and race track. Just down the hill and you are at the casino. Our room was large and immaculate. The staff was great. Breakfast good and stayed 2nights and sleep like a rock Bedding was superiop

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
So glad that you could come.
Yardley Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The bed was so hard, it was like sleeping on the floor, was my bed the only one like that in the hotel? how can no one else mention this? also the shower was dirty, full of hair on the walls but if that was different than I would have liked it, with the pool being outside and free breakfast and the staff was very nice (I did not complain to hotel because we arrived at 12:30am with 2 sleeping kids, so there wasn't any options except to grin and bear it)
Also it was a good location for the casino, really not worth staying at the hotel with the casino, its not connected and I feel this hotel was just as far, if Im going to get in my car and drive Ill just stay anywhere. (rooms at the casino hotel were around 350.00, Ill pay that but only to take a elevator down stairs to get to casino not a car) Some read this and open a hotel ATTACHED to casino, that would be great.

Room Tip: If u like hard beds, than go for it, the dirty shower was probable not the norm, from reading other...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charles Town, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear terriblespellher,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is regrettable that the room quality was a let down during your stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your experience. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed in this hotel during a weekend trip to see family. We had 2 king rooms, everything was very clean and large. Breakfast had a large selection and was very fresh and inviting. Very close to the Charles Town casino/horse track and many restaurants. We would recommend to others and will return when we return to see family in this area. The only issue was that they could not place our rooms close together, but I had not requested this and the hotel was booked to capacity when I asked at check in. Overall and excellent hotel experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
so glad that you enjoyed yourself. Sorry we could get you closer together.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay here. My room was clean and nice, the front desk staff displayed excellent customer service. The sheets however are not changed everyday but who change their sheets at home everyday anyways. There is a nice display of breakfast food daily. This hotel is also close to the Charles Town races and Hollywood Casino. There is complimentary shuttle that can take you there. It's also a short ride to major historical sites in Harper's Ferry, Shepherdstown and Antietam Battle Field.

• Stayed July 2014
glad you enjoyed yourself. True, with longer stays, sheets aren't changed daily unless requested, for environmental issues.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charles Town? Share your experiences!