We decided to go overnight to Charles Town since we're only about 50 miles away. Unfortunately the casino hotel only had rooms for $400 which we didn't want to do so we booked at the Holiday Inn Express. It's a nice hotel, no frills but it's clean and the staff is nice. They have a shuttle which will run you over to the casino and we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a ride.
They do have a free breakfast buffet which is ok but I did see an IHOP very close by as well. This is the first time I've ever seen a machine that makes pancakes for you. I didn't try them as we were in a hurry to head out.
As far as noise, I woke up a few times hearing people coming in late but it wasn't too big of a deal.
All in all hotel is clean and reasonably priced and parking is free which is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn