Stayed here after a day trip to Harpers Ferry. It's convenient for a stay to the national park, only about 10 minutes away.
Having said that. There's a lot of work going on in the area. The hotel is under construction (didn't know that ahead of time). We only stayed one night and the workers don't work during the night so it was not much of a bother. But things are a little out of wack. Again not a big problem, but if it would bother you, I'd call ahead to check and see if they are done. I've stayed in better HIE and I've stayed in worse HIE expresses. Maybe once the renovation is done this will be one of the better ones. Also, the exit off of Route 9 where the hotel sits is blocked from one direction. It looks like it's fairly close to completion.
Positives: very, very close to the race track and casino, friendly courteous check in staff, good breakfast included, once the road work is done it will be very easily accessible, spacious room and clean
Negatives: current construction, beds were not the most comfortable in our room, some how or another we ended up with a pizza delivery person at our door after we had all gone to bed - not sure how that happens or why one would even be allowed up into the hotel, but they ended up at our door waking us up
Overall, not a bad stay. But it was not perfect either.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.