Why is it that the traveling public so often sees those pert little signs saying something like, "forgive our mess, we're remodeling for you"? In fact, they aren't remodeling for me - all they are doing is catching me up in their choas with absolutely NO advance notice or offer to reduce the rates I pay.
Such was the 4 night business stay at this facility.
Banging, hammering, dust everywhere, construction crews on elevators, doors not working, nasty carpets, stacks of construction materials - and to top it off, no ice machines the last two days.
Keep in mind that this hotel is a "C" design, with two 3-story wings. Why it wasn't possible to renovate one wing at a time, I don't know. In fact, one entire wing was shut down! For goodness sake, deal with one, get it up and operating, and don't make your guests put up with your desire to improve corporate profits. Keep ice machines working - or else cut your rates in half and advise potential clients ahead of time!!!!!!
My advice - DON"T stay here unless you call the front desk and ask specifically if construction is still going on. If it is - just pick another property. Don't make yourself miserable fighting the process.
Otherwise, a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express. The room was clean. The water pressure in the bath good. The breakfast was uneven - some mornings well stocked, other mornings out of items. Minor, perhaps, but I'm not used to this at HIE.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.