“Nice hotel, nice people and nice, friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ranson
Poquoson, Virginia
“Nice hotel, nice people and nice, friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Chose the Holiday Inn Express because it is close to the Casino. It was much cheaper than the Casino Hotel and the service was much better. The shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes and drops off at the Casino and also picks you up.... everyone was very friendly and the room was spotless. I might add, the breakfast was great, thanks to the lady who was responsible for keeping the breakfast bar stocked and the coffee always available. I tipped her and told he she should have a tip jar because some people forget about tipping at a breakfsst buffet.... she was very appreciative but did not know if she was allowed to have a tip jar...... I told her I was sure this would be just fine....... get a tip jar!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here for 1 night a few months ago, and overall I would say that I enjoyed my stay. First things first, the front desk staff was amazing. We checked in around 10:00pm and arrived to an alert and friendly staff (Brian, Amber, Jordan-- Thank You!). They were probably the highlight of the stay because there were issues with my reservation and they did everything they could to help me fix the problem.
The double queen room was super spacious, and very clean. We had a very good night's sleep. It did smell like smoke because they recently made the entire hotel a nonsmoking hotel. Didn't bother me too much because I'm a smoker, however, I felt silly leaving the room to smoke and then coming back to a smoky-smelling room.
We stayed here so that we could visit the Charles Town Casino, and the hotel does have a shuttle that runs to and from there which was very convenient for us. The drivers were friendly and the shuttle itself was very nice. Breakfast was a great value. Lots of selections- pastries, cereals, fruit, sausage, eggs, etc. Something for everyone.
The biggest issue I had was regarding billing, management staff was absent and were unwilling to cooperate via phone. I had to take it up with my credit card company to resolve the issue on my behalf since management did not want to work with me. Had the front desk staff not been so kind and understanding, I may have left. Despite that major issue, I would still recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Davisburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Arrived during the heat wave and was delighted with the clean and cool outdoor pool. Our room was very nice and large, and always cleaned while we were away. (stayed 3 nights). Breakfast staff took great pride in service, and everything was as it should be for a HiEx. Great location to head on the country road to Sharpsburg, or to the main drag for shopping and restaurants. Quiet location.

Room Tip: Inner rooms overlook the outdoor pool, fyi.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the HIE on the tail end of a two-week vacation, and we got the best sleep of the whole trip at this hotel! Incredibly comfy beds, good temperature control, clean and spacious, unobtrusive service. We slept so well that we OVERslept, and the desk clerk was gracious about giving us a late check out. The breakast was great, especially those awesome cinnamon rolls. A big thumbs up!

Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently spent 4 days at the Holiday Inn and found it to be very comfortable. The facility was attractive, clean and well maintained. All levels of the staff members were nice and professional.

The only thing I found annoying about my stay were the speed bumps in the parking lot. They are a bit larger than necessary and rather uncomfortable to go over in and out of the parking lot in small cars.

Room Tip: I had a double queen bed room and had no complaints. I would imagine all the rooms in the facility w...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just stayed there with Bike Virginia group. The internet never worked. On the first day, MANY people were not able to go into their rooms until 630pm or 7pm. Good breakfast and all but pretty expensive considering there was no internet and the other problems. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Coudersport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I picked this hotel while at an annual rotary conference. Everything including the comp breakfast exceeded our expectations. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Everything was easily accessed. Navigating to and from the room can be a little confusing but nothing a few extra turns wont cure. I thought it worth mentioning that "Amber" who was working the front desk one night couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Very nice to see, not enough of it these days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charles Town? Share your experiences!