Some friends and I stayed here for 1 night a few months ago, and overall I would say that I enjoyed my stay. First things first, the front desk staff was amazing. We checked in around 10:00pm and arrived to an alert and friendly staff (Brian, Amber, Jordan-- Thank You!). They were probably the highlight of the stay because there were issues with my reservation and they did everything they could to help me fix the problem.
The double queen room was super spacious, and very clean. We had a very good night's sleep. It did smell like smoke because they recently made the entire hotel a nonsmoking hotel. Didn't bother me too much because I'm a smoker, however, I felt silly leaving the room to smoke and then coming back to a smoky-smelling room.
We stayed here so that we could visit the Charles Town Casino, and the hotel does have a shuttle that runs to and from there which was very convenient for us. The drivers were friendly and the shuttle itself was very nice. Breakfast was a great value. Lots of selections- pastries, cereals, fruit, sausage, eggs, etc. Something for everyone.
The biggest issue I had was regarding billing, management staff was absent and were unwilling to cooperate via phone. I had to take it up with my credit card company to resolve the issue on my behalf since management did not want to work with me. Had the front desk staff not been so kind and understanding, I may have left. Despite that major issue, I would still recommend the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charles Town West Virginia Our beautiful new hotel is a lovely three story, interior corridor hotel that is less than 1/2 mile from the Charles Town Races and Slots. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/ pastries, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Charles Town, WV and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charles Town Hotel Ranson
- Holiday Inn Express Ranson
- Holiday Inn Ranson
- Ranson Holiday Inn