“You can do better” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ranson
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ranson
Stafford, Virginia
“You can do better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

At $56, I knew I was taking a risk. Walking into the office, I knew I was in trouble. Office cluttered and dusty. Indian lady answered the desk, was very pleasant.

Getting the room, the key barely worked to open the door. Upon entering, the smell of cigarette smoke blasted me in the face. Carpets were dirty, burn holes. Tv is fresh out of 1990. At least they had Dish network, I was afraid to touch the remote. It looked cruddy.

The mattress has a rubber/plastic sheet encasing it. Keep bed bugs in? Out? People p*ss the bed here? Who knows. Bathroom was bad. Years of dust/dirt built up on the edges of the molding. Looks like someone had diarrhea, and the cleaning crew didn't do a good job of cleaning up the damage.

Baby blue walls, with accents of white drywall filler, repair spots in the ceilings. Total mess.

Owners, you own a business in todays day and age. You are lucky, take pride in it. Make it nice, pay a little more to have the work done right. Get a cleaning crew who knows how to clean. Your place is a dump, you should be ashamed.

Do yourselves a favor, pay the extra $40-50, and stay at the Holiday Inn up the street. You get what you pay for comes into play here.

Room Tip: Don't room here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I didn't think places like this actually existed. I tried to ignore the smell & look of the room (cigarette burn holes in the carpet, cuts in the carpet, wood paneling with holes at the very bottom) since it was just a cheap place to get some shut-eye after leaving the casino. Everything else was booked & this place still had vacancies- I knew something would be wrong. Well upon laying in bed & lifting up the blankets , I found a dead roach. I got up & sat in the chair and saw another one along the floor. We had to check out. Upon walking out the door we heard a female screaming profanities down the street & a drunk man yelling at a closed business across the way. We checked out right away & just drove home. I do NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ranson hotels

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!