“A strange disaster of an experience....” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Ranson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Columbus
“A strange disaster of an experience....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Some reviews are really just one-shot bad experiences, I guess. The place really can't be this bad, can it?

On Monday, aug. 19th my wife and I placed an order for takeout at 6:18 pm. We were told that our order would take 15 minutes. There were two tables in the entire place that had customers so the place certainly wasn't busy. The death-watch began.

We were past a half and hour when we were thinking about leaving without our food when they promised it would be ready soon. Five more minutes passed. We finally got our food and drove home.

-They rushed the pizza...my wife put it on a pizza stone in our oven and broiled it for a few minutes. It was obvious that this pizza wasn't thoroughly cooked. And although I certainly wouldn't call it 'bad', I've had better pizzas.

-They forgot my fries. After all of this, they didn't complete my order.

-Someone tell the manager to turn down that blaring, obnoxious, huckleberry redneck twang music. I had to almost yell to my wife (who was right next to me) to be heard. (Perhaps they didn't hear me when I ordered fries.) Turn that crap off - people with college degrees are tying to speak...

Some positives-

+My sandwich was decent.

+The wings weren't bad at all....

Fix the dings...this place is just plain weird.

Visited August 2013

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Lovely & Fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really enjoy their flatbread pizza, my partner had the Lasagna which was generous with pasta and cheeses!

Visited April 2013
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Never a bad pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ledo Pizza in Ransom is a excellent pizza place for you to dine in or take out. We have been a fan of Ledo's since we were in DC.

The pizzas are wonderful and if you like thin crust you cannot go wrong with any combination of pizza toppings! They have some wonderful specialty pizzas also.

If you call for a take out you will find even when they are busy the wait is only about 15-20 minutes and it is nice and hot! The prices are great for the size of pizza. We usually get the large and have two additional meals from it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Not New York Pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm from New York so I'm hard to please with pizza. This chain in the Washington Area with stores near Charlestown and Martinsburg WV and Winchester VA offers friendly service but their crust is too pie-like (as in apple or cherry pie) . Still, I have friends - not Italians, mind you - who swear by this chain.

Visited December 2011