“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roseland Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Proctor
Roseland Resort
You added Roseland Resort to your Saves list
RD 1 Box 185B, Proctor, WV 26055   |
Snowshoe, West Virginia
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went to Roseland early in the week knowing it was going to be quiet a nd not fully operational. That is what I wanted. The star is incredible. They made me feel at home from the get go. The owner Matt made me breakfast my first two mornings although the restaurant is only open on the weekends. Every staff member addressed me by name which is classy. I ended iup staying two extra nights. I didn't want to leave. I can't wait to gfo back. Thanks guys!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We have worked hard at treating the week day guests as important as our weekend guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to extend it - we appreciate your business for sure! You were also a class act and we loved getting to know you. Thanks Again!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It is off the beaten bath for sure, but worth the drive. The staff was very friendly. We loved the presentation by Doc! We didn't love the rotted, severely bowed, and moss covered picnic tables at our and neighboring sites. The (actual) hiking trail could be more worn in for ease of use.
Loved the convenience of cocktail service and adding it to our site for payment upon departure.

• Stayed June 2013
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Guys! We are so glad you had a great time and we hope you come visit us again soon! We had our first deliveries of new Picnic Tables delivered this week and we will be replacing all of the ones that need to be replaced. The hiking trails could not be attended to because of the immense amount of rain we have received over the last month, but, we do have trail masters and the equipment to attend to them as soon as it is dry enough. Thank you for your feedback and your visit. We look forward to hosting your next visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have seen this place evolve and de evolve over the last few years. It is beautiful and the pool area is great. Food service has greatly improved this year and the pool area staff are wonderful and attentive.

The main issue is a lack of things to do in the evening. In the past there were parties and theme weekend which most people looked forward to. Now the only activity is the bar. If you aren't into binge drinking and going to the barn or steam room to cruise there is little else to do. No live dj and its the same music programming every night so most people gave up on dancing. The advertised themes usually have little effort put into them other than a few decorations. When asked usually you will get a lackluster response about them.

There seems to be a high staff turn over. there is one employee who spends most of his time gossiping about guests and other staff members, and planning who is next on his list to try and get fired. 99 percent of the staff are wonderful and hard working and the owners are very nice. The place just needs to focus a little less on booze and cruise and more on fun and creativity for guests.

• Stayed June 2013
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for your feedback on the resort. We appreciate you taking the time to give us constructive criticism so that we can be even better. As far as things to do in the evening, we have Doc's Observatory and the themed parties every weekend. We also have a fully equipped Game Room with a Pool Table and Electronic Dart Board. The majority of our feedback is that sitting at our many areas and visiting with folks, enjoying the game room, the hiking trails, etc. has been more then enough for most of our guests.
As for Staff turnover, we have lost only one employee this year. We would love it if you would give us a call at your earliest convenience, so we can discuss what activities you would like to see and the employee that only talks about who needs fired next. These are certainly items that we would love to rectify for you. Please call us at 1-304-455-3838 as soon as possible!
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our very first stay at Roseland, and we tent camped. It really is hard to put into words how much we loved this place. All of our neighbors were very friendly! The staff is unbeatable. We made so many friends, and talked with the employees each day. We were treated so well! The food is delicious, the drinks are cheap, and the atmosphere is incredible. Usually when you go to resorts, you'd never see the owner, but by the time we left, the whole staff knew us by name! We can't wait to reserve our cabin next week! We definitely look forward to becoming regulars!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We are so happy that you guys enjoyed our resort and all that it has to offer. We really love doing what we are doing and making this a place that is beautiful, low drama, and relaxing. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you so much for your feedback. Its folks like you guys that make it all worth it!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Roseland. I just got home and all I can think about is going back!

Me and my buddy got a Jr Deluxe cabin. It was quaint, clean, had a GREAT covered deck, air conditioning and the only thing "missing" for me was a bathroom...can you tell I've never actually "camped" before? LOL! There are military barrack like showers and toilets that are located beneath the main building and just a short walk from the Jr Deluxe Cabins.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful. They do a great job with all of the landscaping. There's no trash anywhere. Everywhere you walk someone is telling you "hi" or "good afternoon." Where does this ever happen in life anymore?

The "Santa Fe" pool is great! There are plenty of lounge chairs all around it. There's a covered area for those who don't want to burn, yet still enjoy being outside. There's a bar at the top of the pool that serves AMAZEBALLS smoothies! Get yours with a shot of liquor for an additional $2! Oh yeah, and don't worry about needing cash...you can charge everything to your room just like on a cruise ship...so convenient! You can even lay around in the pool and have the very friendly waiters serve you your drink in there!

We spent the evening dancing the night away and being waited on by a very friendly bartender named Ron who made the strongest and most delicious Long Island Iced Teas in the world! The DJ played some great remixes as well! The bar has a dart board and a pool table as well. The bar didn't get really busy until around 11 or so.

We woke up and went and had the breakfast buffet. Breakfast is prepared by one of the funniest and sweetest people I have ever met in my life: Kitty! Kitty should be given a stage to put on daily performances with him just "talking" and telling stories! When we first walked in, we were greeted by 2 men who were both so VERY nice (and hot lol). They chatted us up, asked us how we were and if we were having a good time. The one gentleman even mentioned seeing me dance the night before. Little things like this are what keep people wanting to come back here I imagine. You are made to feel special and not just like a dollar sign. After checking out, I ran into one of these men again, and he introduced himself (Matt-the owner) and hugged me and told me that I needed to come back soon! So sweet and just left me feeling really special. After visiting the website again, I discovered the other guy from breakfast was another owner, Troy.

I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful place to just get away for a day, a weekend, or a week!

So with that said, thank you Matt and Troy for making my first visit so amazing! My friend kind of had to drag me there because I have never been one for camping as I mentioned before. But with all the hospitality you and your other employees showed, in addition to the natural beauty of your facilities and how well maintained everything is, I simply cannot wait to come visit again! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jr Deluxe Rooms. They sit right on the parking lot. At first I was worried that t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us what a great time you had! We hope you continue to come see us for years to come. We truly love what we are doing and the folks we are doing it for! Thanks again!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Roseland for almost 10 years. It has changed soooo much in that time... from 8 cabins and a "Vinyl pond" to a growing number of regular cabins, to deluxe, to super deluxe and a Wonderful In-ground Cement Pool!!! AS always, the staff and owners are fantastic and friendly. We tent camp and if there is anything you need....You need just ask! If they don't sell it at the store, chances are someone staying there will help you out.
We have made sooooo many wonderful friends there that we can't wait to see every time we go. The new additions to the menu and ammenities are just fantastic!! (Personally enjoyed my first PROFESSIONAL massage this morning before we left!!)
The first time we drove up there, the last 20 miles on EMG RT 2 scared the crap out of us, but now I just can't wait to see Nick's Lounge knowing that in about 1/2 hour we'll be relaxing and enjoying ourselves. TIP: Though they offer A LOT of stuff, food, beer, booze, things you might have left at home... We do recommend that you stop at the Kroger in Moundsville, WV, before you start up the hill. (This is if you are coming from the West off I-70/I-470)
Don't forget to Meet Doc up at the Observatory....Yes, they have one of those too!!! It truly has become a resort The only downside of Roseland......is leaving Roseland. Just got Home a couple of hours ago and can't wait to go back!!!

Thanks Ben, Matt, and Troy and the rest of the staff!!! We'll see you again at least one more time this summer!!!
Kevin and Charlie. Columbus, Ohio.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi Kevin and Charlie! Thank you so much for the wonderful words in your review! We really appreciate good customers like you guys! We will continue to work to make Roseland the best it can be and hopefully continue to offer what folks want in a resort and Campground! We look forward to your next visit and hope that it is soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The grounds were very nice. The staff was friendly and attentive. Walking naked was exhilarating! Stayed in the Oak Room. Walking naked was so hot! Getting checked-out often and lots of safe fun! The "Adventure Trail" is quite an adventure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RRandC, Manager at Roseland Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We are so happy you had a great time here! A number of our folks enjoy the freedom of relaxing nude! Come and see us again!

Been to Roseland Resort? Share your experiences!