“Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Georgia
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We started with soup and salad and had high hopes as all was very good. However, the chicken teriyaki was very bland and tasteless. Most of the attention was focused on the habachi tables that were filled with families. We should have chosen the habachi.

Visited September 2012

68% Recommend
Princeton, West Virginia
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We go to Kimono's for every family event (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc) and always receive great food and a great show by the hibachi. The only thing I really must complain is how rude the servers are. They aren't friendly and demand that you tip them. Four of us went to Kimono's last December and I decided to cover the tip for everyone in my party. I left a very generous tip and as we were leaving one of the servers stopped someone in our party at the door and asked where her tip was. My friend explained we left one very large tip. The server then demanded my friend leave her another tip. But that is the only problem we've ever had.

The food is great (but a little greasy) and the hibachi's are awesome.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tabemono WA oishikatta desu (means good food in japanese)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The food was very good. Nice, effient staff. I was seated quickly and the food came fast. I had the steak and scallops, which I recomend. The atmosphere is lively. The chefs are entertaining, even if you're not sitting in front of the grill. Don't forget to hit the Gong in your way out. It is encouraged, not sure why, but got it go with the local custom.s.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great place in a remote area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Aervice was great, food incredibly good. The guy doing the hibachi was funny and with good skills. Only thing is that the place looked dirty.

Visited June 2012
Princeton, West Virginia
“Absolute best in entire area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I are locals and are regular customers of KImono, we like to dine in but when we can't we call ahead and order for pick-up. We travel ALOT and have been to many Japanese steakhouses and sushi bars and we have yet to find any that can beat Kimono. The show is great and the food is excellant! We usually order the tuna tartare as an appetizer and our favorite sushi is the ocean roll and the crazy tuna, the hibachi meals are great too. The manager has always been friendly and we have never seen the first bug of any kind there- very clean.

• Visited August 2012