“Just what we needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
MONO
“Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We were doing the 24 hour drive back from orlando florida, knowing we would stop for the night but not sure of the location. We started calling hotels in the Princeton area, very few available to meet our needs. We finally called Margaret at Holiday inn express.
She knew exactly what we needed, booked rooms and even booked a third room at another hotel for us when she ran out of available rooms.
The hotel was clean, pool and hottub spotless and much needed after 12 hours on the road. Margaret, you made my day! Keep up the great work...you are a credit to that hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Hotel was easy to find with a ton of resturants within eye-sight.

Lady at the front desk was very professional and welcomed our cat as well.

My wife enjoyed the complimentary cookies.I passed on them, but they looked good.

Room was clean and quiet, especially considering its proximaty to the interstate.

Sounds silly, but the pillows were way too soft for my liking.

Wifi performance and range was very good.

The free breakfast wasn't too bad.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

First the pros: this hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was friendly. Now the cons: the pool was tiny, the noise kept us up all night, the breakfast was mediocre, and the heat was uncomfortable.
Although this Holiday Inn Express was very clean, I would not stay here again due to all the noise. The walls are clearly not well-insulated, since I could hear every move my neighbors above and to the sides made. All night the slamming of doors was annoying. I don't think anyone was doing anything unusual, there was just constant noise.
Also, the heat was either on or off--no thermostat control--so it was either freezing or blazing hot in our room. This was very uncomfortable for sleeping.
Third, the pool was tiny and unbearable warm. It was crowded after five people got in it.
Lastly, the breakfast was limited and only mediocre. There was not enough seating for all the people wanting to eat, and the food kept running out.
Overall, this Holiday Inn is just average.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This is a nice hotel. It seems pretty new. It is located near both commercial and residence areas. Even though I didn't swim, the indoor pool seems very nice and clean.
There must be many people from industries stay in this hotel. When I checked into the hotel, there were many dirty footprints on the lobby floor. I had to watch my step. Additionally, my room smelled of cleaning agents when I entered. The maid must have done a huge cleaning job. I noticed dark smears on the curtains.
Becareful of entering and exiting the hotel. It is located near a major "T" intersection. It might be hard exiting the hotel during rush hour.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

The staff were VERY friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast had many choices and was good. (No waffles though, but you can't have everything.) They offered cookies at the desk AND biscuits for dogs as well! Nice attention to detail. Pet owners are given rooms on 3rd floor.....little inconvient for "bathroom breaks". Other than that...we were all very happy and couldn't have asked for anything better. It will be on my list of places to stay again and I would DEFINITELY recommend it to pet owners and non-pet owners alike! Job well done HIE!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had to travel a lot to Southwest VA during the last year and I always want to stay at this hotel if I am in the area. Jennifer, Margaret, Sue... all the ladies at the front desk are the best, hats off the them. Rooms, bathrooms, beds are always clean and service is more than adequate for my needs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Dayton OH. it is located right off I-77 making it easy to get to.The hotel looks new,room was very comfortable,and the bed made sleeping easy.
The Hotel is with in walking distance of a lot of places to eat,nothing fancy,but nice not having to drive to eat.
Threy served great tasting cookies in the afternoon.
I had to leave early so missed the breakfast,but the area is nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!