“Nice hotel but watch your step” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Princeton
Charleston, WV
“Nice hotel but watch your step”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This is a nice hotel. It seems pretty new. It is located near both commercial and residence areas. Even though I didn't swim, the indoor pool seems very nice and clean.
There must be many people from industries stay in this hotel. When I checked into the hotel, there were many dirty footprints on the lobby floor. I had to watch my step. Additionally, my room smelled of cleaning agents when I entered. The maid must have done a huge cleaning job. I noticed dark smears on the curtains.
Becareful of entering and exiting the hotel. It is located near a major "T" intersection. It might be hard exiting the hotel during rush hour.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

The staff were VERY friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast had many choices and was good. (No waffles though, but you can't have everything.) They offered cookies at the desk AND biscuits for dogs as well! Nice attention to detail. Pet owners are given rooms on 3rd floor.....little inconvient for "bathroom breaks". Other than that...we were all very happy and couldn't have asked for anything better. It will be on my list of places to stay again and I would DEFINITELY recommend it to pet owners and non-pet owners alike! Job well done HIE!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had to travel a lot to Southwest VA during the last year and I always want to stay at this hotel if I am in the area. Jennifer, Margaret, Sue... all the ladies at the front desk are the best, hats off the them. Rooms, bathrooms, beds are always clean and service is more than adequate for my needs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Dayton OH. it is located right off I-77 making it easy to get to.The hotel looks new,room was very comfortable,and the bed made sleeping easy.
The Hotel is with in walking distance of a lot of places to eat,nothing fancy,but nice not having to drive to eat.
Threy served great tasting cookies in the afternoon.
I had to leave early so missed the breakfast,but the area is nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We had a very warm welcome from Sue. Having checked us into our room, she made sure we knew where we could eat, and gave several suggestions.

The room was spotlessly clean, and very large (see photo). Everything very comfortable. Compilementary breakfast, for a chain hotel was also very high standard. There was a good selection of cooked and cold food, along with helpful friendly staff. A comfortable bed and very quiet night. Complimentary WiFi was good. Pool was also good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Maumee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed the night here on the way back from Myrtle Beach with great expectations. Previously on the trip we stayed at another Holiday Inn Express that was very nice.

Check In
A bit of sticker shock, a $116 on a Sunday night for a motel in the middle of nowhere. Interestingly they seem to allow pets at this hotel since they had Pet treats in a bowl The lady at the desk was very pleasant and even handed me a bunch of pizza menu's when I inquired about any pizza places. I picked a place called Angelos Pizza since it sounded very itialian.

Room
The room was ok, it was one of those handicap rooms with an extra roomy bathroom that could accomidate someone with a wheelchair.

One of the draws to the hotel is the fact that all their beds are two queen sized beds rather than doubles. Verry nice bedding, pillows a great place to get a good nights sleep.

BTW when the pizza came we realized we didn't have anything to eat with in the way of plates, napkins and such. I went down to the breakfast room in search of these items. None to be found, No desk attendant to be found. Had to go back up to the room and improvise. Like the hotel, the pizza I found overpriced for the quality of it. I should have ordered dominos.

During our stay we discovered that there was a large family reunion staying in the hotel. They basically took over all of the common areas like the lobby, computer room, Swimming Pool, and breakfast area. If I would have known about this reunion in advance I would have gone accross the street to the Hampton.

The pool area was way to small, much smaller than most indoor pools I've seen.

One more thing, a rude lady was working the breakfast bar keeping it filled. My biggest dissapointment was that there was no sausage gravy for the bisquits. The other Holiday Inn Express had them.

• Liked — Nice Comfy Beds,
  • Disliked — Rude breakfast attendent, postage stamp sized pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winchester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

We spent 3 nights in the Holiday Inn Express. This was not my first choice but I'm very thankful we ended up there. The rooms were large and clean, beds were comfortable, staff was helpful, breakfast was more than we expected. The hotel has a pool, workout facilities, and hottub. Each room had a microwave and refrigerator.

We were traveling with our 14 & 15 year old daughters. They enjoyed their stay as much as we did. We will definately stay here again.

• Liked — Well kept
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!