“Family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very welcoming and accommodating...in particular Margaret at the front desk... Excellent continental breakfast. Excellent coffee downstairs, but not in the rooms. Fresh-baked chocolate chips cookies at the desk were always welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid pounding on your ceiling from excited children
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Spring Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here on the 4th of July. Very friendly staff and helpful directing us to a fireworks display. Good variety of restaurants nearby. Convenient on and off I77. Rooms was clean. Pet friendly with plenty of grass.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Our hotel room and the entire floor we stayed on stunk of a combination or cigarette smoke and febreeze. It was terrible and made it very difficult to breath. The lady at the front desk was not understanding and would not allow us to switch rooms. Apparently most of the rooms allow smoking.

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Kgbst8,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your time at the hotel. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your experience. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the way to the beach with our 2 boys that are 2 and 5. We both said that this is the best hotel experience we have ever had! Margaret at the front desk was one of the nicest people I have ever met and she made us feel extremely welcome and even helped me get chocolate milk for my very tired boys to have before bed. That was a life savor! The room was big and very very clean!! We swam in the pool before we left and they had a great time. Breakfast was great and check out was easy. Perfect stay!!

Warren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is kind of a regular stopover, basically because there's been no problems.

So it's still a good HIX, but this time... well, I don't know what happened. While the entire hotel is aggressively non-smoking, something happened up on the 2nd floor, because the hallway reeked of smoke, and then some attempt was made to clean it - the cleaning fumes which may have been even worse than the smoke itself. The combination of odors made for a rather queasy reaction from my wife after eating, and a relatively rough trip back home.

I'll probably come back but it may take some arm-twisting on my wife. That stuff happens, but there's no way it gets a 5 this time. Everything else OK and typical, my stop may not have been typical.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear randgust,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very appreciative that you have chosen us again for your recent trip. On the other hand, I regret to know that this trip was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the hallway may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Princeton.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dennison, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed on our way home from Myrtle Beach. We booked a room with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean and tidy. The beds were very comfortable. It has an indoor pool and hot tub that are very nice.
The gem here is the staff. I did not catch the managers name, but she was amazing. My wife and I decided we wanted coffee after we swam and our 6yr old wanted hot chocolate. We asked the manager if she had a packet of hot chocolate. She did not, but went out of her way to get our son some cookies and a chocolate milk which made him happy as could be.
The breakfast in the morning was very good with turkey sausage and a cool little machine that you push a button and it makes 2 fresh pancakes for you. Cool!!
Only complaint is not the hotels fault at all. It is the wierd 3 way stop directly in front of the entrance to the hotel. It is a pain.
All in all, it is a nice hotel. You can tell that it is an older hotel that they have updated, but still nice. We will remember this one for our next trip.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

From the time Augustine (hope the recovery from the surgery is short and thou rough) to checkin with Margaret and finally checkout, the staff made the difference. The room was clean and comfortable. All was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!