“Fantastic Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night and had a fantastic time. We had a large room on the second floor. It was spotless. The carpet was clean, the furniture looked new and the bathroom was immaculate. The hotel was pretty quiet. We could occasionally hear our upstairs neighbor walking around but it wasn’t too bad. We went down to use the pool and hot tub about 9:00pm after the children who were staying at the hotel had left and gone to bed. It was nice to have the pool all to ourselves. It is open until 11:00pm which is great.

The hotel breakfast the next morning was one of the better free breakfasts that we’ve had. They even have an automatic pancake making machine which is the first I’ve seen. It worked great. The cinnamon rolls were really good too. The internet service was good. About the only complaint we had would be the image quality on the cable TV was poor, especially in the lower channels. There were also no HD channels but that’s not really too big of a deal. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very clean and friendly service. Convenient location. There is not a restaurant at the hotel but there is breakfast service each morning. Pool & fitness area are nice. Lots of restaurants nearby. Easy on and off I-77. Short drive to Bristol, TN for the NASCAR races.

Room Tip: Good location & very clean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

While traveling from the South to North, i have stayed in this Holiday Inn many times. My nieces love the hotel, my dog is always welcome and the staff is the friendliest always. The location is excellent. There is a large selection of restaurants too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter but the staff is very accommodating
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place was okay, it had all we needed during our stop on a long drive... clean rooms, nice bed and shower and it included breakfast. I wouldnt recommend this place for anything else though. The location isnt very good and even though its remodeled you can still tell its old... the thin walls and floors were a bit annoying. We heard the person/people stomping around above us at all hours of the night. I would rate this place just okay.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear slandis2007,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here on the way home to Toronto from Orlando. Convenient to I-77. Easy, quick, hassle-free check-in. Gentleman working at front-desk was friendly and helpful.

Room was quiet, of a great temperature, and the beds were really comfortable. The TV had a lot of stations, although none in HD.

Morning breakfast was STELLAR. Eggs, sausages, etc. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My kids and I spent a night here before a day of winter fun at Winterplace in Ghent, WVa. The hotel is conveniently located near the 460/I-77 interchange. Just hop on 77N for about 15-20min to the ski area!

On arrival, the reception desk was welcoming and helpful. Fresh baked cookies greeted us at the desk as well. The room was standard fare for HI Express. The beds were a bit firm for my liking, but not terrible. My only complaint was that we were placed in a handicap access room, which is not a problem in itself, but the shower head would not stay in place for me. It kept sliding down it's mount. At 6'2" this was a problem for me, but I managed for one night.

The included breakfast was quite good compared to similar hotel's offerings. The cinnamon rolls were especially tasty. There was a pancake maker, cereals, fruits, yogurts, etc.

There were several restaurants nearby including Cracker Barrell, Chili's, Texas Steakhouse, Shoney's and fast food options.

Checkout was seamless, and we were on our way to the slopes!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Robert, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

After arriving at the Holiday Inn in Princeton, WV in a snow storm, we were welcomed with warm cookies and a great smiles from the staff. Our room was very clean and well spaced out for 2 adults and 2 children. The whole hotel was completely booked due to the inclement weather but you would never know it! It was very very quiet, pet friendly, and well stocked in the breakfast bar area. If you are traveling through I highly recommend it, especially if you are traveling with pets! The beds are EXTREMELY hard to the point my 5 year old asked if we were sleeping on boards, but if hard is what you like then you are in for a treat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!