“Holiday Inn Express Princeton WV” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Holiday Inn Express Princeton WV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff here is very friendly and helpful. This is very accessible right off of I-77 with a lot of chain restaurants nearby. The breakfast here is your standard HI Express and seems to start a bit earlier for the business travelers than most hotels. That is a big help. You have a nice indoor pool and a very small fitness center with a couple of treadmills and a recumbent bike. The overall hotel is not quite as nice a many of the HI Expresses I have stayed in during my travels but it is OK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I am a Priority Club Platinum guest so I stay in a lot of ICG properties so I have a regular standard that I expect . This property isnt bad but it isnt anything special either. Ivwas not offered any status perks but Im guessing that there is nothing to offer.

Location is good right off of 64 / 77. Afternoon check in staff was friendly. My main complaint is with the slow speed of thier wireless internet. This isnt an issue for casual travelers. But for those of us that require high speed connections throughout our stay to connect ti high bandwid h ERP systems it can be an issue.

I have stayed here multiple times and the experience has been the same.
Good property for the value but I wish they would. Upgrade their internet infrastructure to be more business traveller friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
greensboro nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed overnight to spend time with my daughter, who was giving birth in the hospital just a few miles away. Check in was quick, and the receptionist (Heather) was nice to recommend a good place for dinner. The room was clean and large...heard noise from other rooms tv's, but I just turned on the fan, and it was fine. Nice full breakfast, which was very enjoyable. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
alva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Margaret --- how can I tell you how wonderfull she is. I was tired from driving and just needed a quiet room. She could not have been more helpfull. I needed a room with 2 queen beds non- smoking. When I got to the hotel there was no room that I needed. But she checked one more time for me. As it happened somebody had just canceled their room and it was just what I needed. She didn't need to check one more time. She could have sent me on my way to look for another hotel. But she went the extra mile and looked for me. How can I ever thank her for all her help. I did talk to her other times as I walked threw the lobby. She was always as happy and helpfull. THANK-YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN. The room was clean and very comfortable. I stayed with my mother and we both had a good sleep. The breakfast was well stocked and fresh. Thank-you again from a very tired traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent a week at this property and for the most part had a good stay. It is on the older side with thin ceilings, so if noise is a potential deal breaker, try to get a room on the 3rd floor. Other than that it was pretty quiet. Check in was a breeze and my room was of comparable size to most other standard HIE rooms I've stayed in. All rooms have a small fridge and microwave. The fridge can be tricky since it doesn't have a thermostat. It really cranks out the cold air freezing practically everything inside if its in there long enough, so I've learned along the way to crack the door periodically to act as the thermostat.

As one contributor said, there is a slight odor in the hallways and rooms, but that's probably due to the age of the building. It's not overpowering though and I really didn't lose any sleep over it. The beds are comfortable and housekeeping does a good job in the cleaning department. The 37 inch flat screen TV's are nice, but the internet here is really wacko. The speeds vary from dial up to fairly fast, back to crawling speed in the blink of an eye. Whether at 7am, noon or midnight it was always the same unpredicatbility in speeds. You're also prompted to enter a password to log back into the net even if the computer goes to sleep. The internet gets a 2 out of 5.

I noticed two breakfast attendants working here and they leave no stone left unturned. Same food selection as any HIE, but they do a superb job in cleaning keeping the pantry stocked. The gym is a little small and the equipment is useable, but along the lower end in quality and build. It didn't seem real busy during my week here, but I prefer it that way since I work at all hours during the day and night.

Additional nice touches....the local Bluefield newspaper slid under my door 7 days a week as a Platinum Elite member, cookies and candy at the front desk and for those with 4 legged friends, doggie biscuits also in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
niagara falls, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012 on way from Canada to Myrtle Beach. Quick check in, clean room, clean pool, great breakfast. No negatives I can think of. Fresh popcorn for the kids upon check in. Excellent breakfast service. Great hot selection of breakfast food all including in room price. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were headed to Myrtle Beach and this was a PERFECT halfway mark for us going and coming. Everything was great including the friendly front desk staff to the awsome breakfast/staff. Being an employee of the Holiday Inns I can recognize good service and quality when I see it. Kudos to the management/owner. :)))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!