“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
alva
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Margaret --- how can I tell you how wonderfull she is. I was tired from driving and just needed a quiet room. She could not have been more helpfull. I needed a room with 2 queen beds non- smoking. When I got to the hotel there was no room that I needed. But she checked one more time for me. As it happened somebody had just canceled their room and it was just what I needed. She didn't need to check one more time. She could have sent me on my way to look for another hotel. But she went the extra mile and looked for me. How can I ever thank her for all her help. I did talk to her other times as I walked threw the lobby. She was always as happy and helpfull. THANK-YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN. The room was clean and very comfortable. I stayed with my mother and we both had a good sleep. The breakfast was well stocked and fresh. Thank-you again from a very tired traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent a week at this property and for the most part had a good stay. It is on the older side with thin ceilings, so if noise is a potential deal breaker, try to get a room on the 3rd floor. Other than that it was pretty quiet. Check in was a breeze and my room was of comparable size to most other standard HIE rooms I've stayed in. All rooms have a small fridge and microwave. The fridge can be tricky since it doesn't have a thermostat. It really cranks out the cold air freezing practically everything inside if its in there long enough, so I've learned along the way to crack the door periodically to act as the thermostat.

As one contributor said, there is a slight odor in the hallways and rooms, but that's probably due to the age of the building. It's not overpowering though and I really didn't lose any sleep over it. The beds are comfortable and housekeeping does a good job in the cleaning department. The 37 inch flat screen TV's are nice, but the internet here is really wacko. The speeds vary from dial up to fairly fast, back to crawling speed in the blink of an eye. Whether at 7am, noon or midnight it was always the same unpredicatbility in speeds. You're also prompted to enter a password to log back into the net even if the computer goes to sleep. The internet gets a 2 out of 5.

I noticed two breakfast attendants working here and they leave no stone left unturned. Same food selection as any HIE, but they do a superb job in cleaning keeping the pantry stocked. The gym is a little small and the equipment is useable, but along the lower end in quality and build. It didn't seem real busy during my week here, but I prefer it that way since I work at all hours during the day and night.

Additional nice touches....the local Bluefield newspaper slid under my door 7 days a week as a Platinum Elite member, cookies and candy at the front desk and for those with 4 legged friends, doggie biscuits also in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
niagara falls, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012 on way from Canada to Myrtle Beach. Quick check in, clean room, clean pool, great breakfast. No negatives I can think of. Fresh popcorn for the kids upon check in. Excellent breakfast service. Great hot selection of breakfast food all including in room price. Would stay again.

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were headed to Myrtle Beach and this was a PERFECT halfway mark for us going and coming. Everything was great including the friendly front desk staff to the awsome breakfast/staff. Being an employee of the Holiday Inns I can recognize good service and quality when I see it. Kudos to the management/owner. :)))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
West Milton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The rooms smelled and so did the halls. They let pets in ALL of the rooms and so everything smelt like a kennel. It would have been nice if they had certain rooms that were smoke free and pet free but they didn't . This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and it will be my last.

Room Tip: They said they shampoo the carpet after each guest with. Pets but I don't believe it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Jim K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping. I understand the discomfort this caused you. We will address these points and assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Tennessee. We did not have reservations as we did not know when we were planning on stopping.

When we arrived, we were advised that there were no rooms available. Heather, the clerk at the front desk, was amazing! She called several hotels in the region for us to see if there were any rooms available elsewhere (even other hotel chains). Unfortunately, we had no such luck. She allowed us to use the internet in the lobby area to search for a room. After a few minutes, she came to find us to advise us that she received a cancellation and that a room had opened up.

Our check-in was extremely pleasant and we could not have asked for better service. We watched as Heather also dealt with another patron who was looking for fresh towels and toiletries. She was very pleasant with him as well and even offered to deliver the items to his room when she was done checking us in.

After settling into our clean and spacious room, we decided to take a walk. There is a liquor store next door as well as a convenience store. Many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well.

We enjoyed our evening relaxing outside on the terrace before returning to our room. We were on the first floor near an exit, but heard no external noises from our room all night long.

Breakfast was the standard fare. Cookies served in the afternoon and hot coffee all day.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our way down to Hilton Head. Hotel is very well kept, room was nice with comfortable beds. Room was quiet, did not hear anybody else walking around. Internet worked great, I had no problem connecting with my Ipad and laptop. Hotel allows dogs, so that is why we stayed here. They have free dog biscuits in the lobby. They also have free cookies. Margaret, who was the front staff person on duty, told us that if they stick together, then you have to take both. She was great, very friendly and helpful. When we came back with food to eat at their outside area, she went out of her way to get us plates and utensils. Breakfast in the morning was good, sausage with gravy & biscuits and all the other usual stuff. The hotel was sold out but the breakfast room was not crowded, they had another room already to go with over flow seating. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, this is the place. We did not use the pool or the exercise equipment so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!