“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Princeton
Rochester, New York
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our way down to Hilton Head. Hotel is very well kept, room was nice with comfortable beds. Room was quiet, did not hear anybody else walking around. Internet worked great, I had no problem connecting with my Ipad and laptop. Hotel allows dogs, so that is why we stayed here. They have free dog biscuits in the lobby. They also have free cookies. Margaret, who was the front staff person on duty, told us that if they stick together, then you have to take both. She was great, very friendly and helpful. When we came back with food to eat at their outside area, she went out of her way to get us plates and utensils. Breakfast in the morning was good, sausage with gravy & biscuits and all the other usual stuff. The hotel was sold out but the breakfast room was not crowded, they had another room already to go with over flow seating. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, this is the place. We did not use the pool or the exercise equipment so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Blacksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff very friendly, property well kept. It has smoking rooms that make some parts of the hotel smell. is the only complain I have. Gym equipment is really bad. We used the conference room and it was a little bit disorganized, a lot of chairs, projector was lost, etc... but the staff took care of some items that made the meeting successful.

Room Tip: In this area, my favortie place will be Hapton Inn, beds are more comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We only stayed for one night, but I am glad we stopped here. Front desk clerk very nice and funny. Room extremely clean. I have never been in hotel room with such high ceilings. Plenty of hot water and towels. Beds and pillows comfortable. Breakfast was the standard fair with waffles being the only hot food offered, but there was plenty of other selections to choose from. Coffee was great!! Would highly recommend this hotel!!

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at this property on the way down to Myrtle Beach.

Front desk staff very efficient and friendly. Rooms and property clean and well maintained and appears recently renovated (not sure why some reviewers are saying its dated - wrong hotel?) Beds comfortable.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub on the property...had the occasion to use both. I would suggest the pool is too cool for my tastes considering its an indoor pool and it being July. Exercise equipment was in working order although it was in a bit of a tiny room.

Breakfast on the property had a good selection and we all enjoyed it.

Overall a good choice when staying in Princeton. If booked or looking for something different, another good option (which I've reviewed) is the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: A good choice in Princeton if interstate noise bothers you....this hotel is farther away from the hi...
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have spent about 10 weeks in this hotel over the last few months. The hotel is kept clean, but is a bit dated. However, the staff is wonderful. The remember me from trip to trip and know my name when I walk in the door. To me, customer service is key, especially when you are away from home.

Room Tip: There are no single rooms. They are all doubles.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We always stay here when we come for our family reunion. The staff is so friendly and welcoming; they go out of their way to make you feel at home. Very clean! Their complimentary breakfast is very good also! We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2012
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Super Friendly staff, great breakfast and close to shopping and numerous restraunts. Margaret at the front desk is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77? Share your experiences!