“My stay at the Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Dayton, United States
“My stay at the Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My stay at the Hampton was AWESOME! The room was very nice and clean. I had a nice view of Princeton. I was comfortable and felt safe. The complimentary breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent. If I ever visit Princeton again, I'm staying at the Hampton!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Have stayed at this location many times now and the staff is always very kind and helpful. Breakfast was good the last few times we stayed however this time a little slim Not sure what was up with that but over all very nice hotel and the beds are great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CONWAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is rated the #1 hotel in Princeton by TripAdvisor for a good reason, they deserve it. We have switched from another well known hotel chain to Hampton Inns because of our own experience here. The room we had was exceptional in all ways. It was very clean, and well appointed. The king bed was very comfortable, the refrigerator didn't hummm all night, and the room was air conditioned by a wall thermostat. The bathroom was very clean, and fully stocked. This is not always the case in another chain that we had been staying at in Princeton at the other end of Rt 460 close to WalMart, but I wont mention that name!. The front desk staff we met, Tiffany and Heather, were very friendly and answered all our questions. The pool was great, our grandsons really enjoyed themselves there. And the breakfast was exceptional. Seating for breakfast was always available for a huge number of guests. Wendys, Hardees, and the Texas Roadhouse are literally within walking distance. I highly recommend Hampton Inn in Princeton WV.

Room Tip: First floor is handy for the pool if you have kids.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed in the area for business. Overall the stay was pleasant. The bed was comfortable. Had a fridge and microwave, but they are not standard in every room. Hotel has easy access to the interstate but noise is not an issue. Hotel is also in close proximity to several restaurants, gas stations, and other shopping. Would return again.

Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I went to Princeton for a long weekend to go to Mountain Stage and local state park. Check in was fine, the room was fine - just a tad more noise coming through than usual at Hampton's Inn. We went to show Sunday night and were having a leisurely morning before a long drive in our room. At 10 a.m. BANG BANG BANG at the door. When I went to the door a woman wanted to know if we had checked out yet! I replied - "check out time is noon - isn't it?" Got a response of yes - no apology and something of an attitude. 45 minutes later a second knock to see if we had checked out!! We were really annoyed. If they can't handle a check out time of noon on a Monday morning - change it! Or something - don't bother guests. When we did check out a half hour later I complained to the front desk. The woman at the front desk said, "I apologize for the second knock." That really upset me - and I let her know it. She said they have express check out and can't tell who has left. This is not my problem - figure it out - ask guests to put something on the door knob when the leave or it sure sounds like you can't handle express check out (unlike just about every other place in the universe)! I told her and meant it that if this was my first experience at a Hampton I'd ever stay again. We are canceling stays next weekend in fact but I have had good experiences in other cities.

Room Tip: Do not plan to sleep late - they will pound on your door at 10 am the day you are leaving and never...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We travel to myrtle beach every year and the Hampton in Princeton is our usual stopover. Check in is done quickly without hassle. Kids and adults love the complimentary popcorn. The indoor pool is a huge plus for us. And the convenience of restaurants around is great.

Anna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We've stayed at many hotels in the area because it's a half way stop for my family to and from Myrtle Beach. The hotel was clean and decorated very nicely. The rooms were spacious and clean. Loved the big bathroom in our room. The pool was nice but not hot tub. Breakfast was ok.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!