“Best hotel in Princeton, WV” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Princeton
New Carrollton, Maryland
“Best hotel in Princeton, WV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great hotel with a wonderful staff. This was our wedding night and the hotel staff made sure that our needs were met and respected our privacy. We had a great time and the room was very nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
SVaughn1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's another good Hampton property. Very convenient to I-77; we checked in around 12:30 AM with little or no problem and were quickly in the room.

Next morning:

Fitness room: While there are no free weights --- one can use the weighted fitness balls. The exercise room is small and lacking, but fairly typical of Hampton properties --- so there are no complaints --- just making you aware.

Continental breakfast: You will experience a typical Hampton Inn continental breakfast. The staff does a great job of keeping the area stocked and clean considering the eating/cleanliness habits of some people.

While there are a multitude of places to stay --- we'll pick Hilton properties because we know what we are getting.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is a bad room --- have stayed at this hotel several times and have never...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Facilities were very good, breakfast was satisfying, pool was clean. Staff was unable to give directions even though I was in the local area, within one mile of the hotel. Manager was capable and patient even though I was obviously angry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Raleigh NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Princeton is the standard property, with the standard rooms. The location is great as it is near several restaurants and near the interstate. Our room preference location was honored, and when we had a problem with the room, we were promptly moved to another room. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Everything in the room was clean, and the property had a good overall experience. Evening cookies ran out early, but I guess the hotel was full. Coffee was always available and popcorn was fresh in the afternoon. The morning breakfast was OK, nothing special but it met our needs. The food bar was very clean, and that's important. The only negative for the property is that I thought the rate was a little expensive for the area, even with our advance booking. It was graduation weekend, and I guess the rates were higher everywhere. So, overall, a good place to stay for a night or even an extended period of time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the parking lot, as they appear to be quiter than the rooms towards I77.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The property was nice. The people were friendly. The room was great. I didn't try breakfast. The fitness center was very small and I truly would have appreciated some weights vice just the cardio equipment. Additionally, and I guess I'm coming to realize this is standard for Hampton :-( I really was disheartened about not having a small frig in my room. I have dietary restrictions so I carry food with me but even if I didn't, travelers sometimes have left overs they'd like to keep cold. I was supposed to stay for four nights but checked out after only one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

After seeing some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant in staying here, but glad we did. The room we had was by far the cleanest one out of all the Hampton Inn's we have stayed at. The breakfast was good and not too crowded, maybe because it was a Monday. The hotel in some ways is starting to show it's age a little, but cleanliness is more important to me than the age of a hotel. Will probably stay here again when visiting in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here on Thursday May 24, 2013. When we walked in the smell of popcorn greeted us. The front staff were so helpful and friendly. Our room was lovely all done in dark wood, very warm and comfortable and very clean! We had a choice of four restaurants for dinner that we could walk to. This was our last night before heading home from Myrtle Beach. I would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!