“Great motel experience in southern WV” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turnpike Motel

Turnpike Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Princeton
Turnpike Motel
Save Saved
You added Turnpike Motel to your Saves list
815 Oakvale Road, Princeton, WV 24740   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Princeton B&B and Inns
Gasport, New York, United States
“Great motel experience in southern WV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a really horrible motel stay the night before in GA we stayed one night in Princeton WV at the Turnpike motel. It is immediately off the interstate. Easy to find. I had called ahead to say we would be arriving later than I had first told them. A nice lady met me at the desk to check in. The motel is not a chain. It is like the old days of privately owned motels. Just drive up to the room and open the door. The room was very, very clean and the beds were as comfortable as any I had slept in. Bathroom was great, and nice shower. Commode and mirror/sink is in the bathroom itself, unlike most chain places where sink and mirror are outside. Had microwave oven and nice TV. The motel is pet friendly. Had to pay a $20 deposit, but after inspection of the room the next morning I got it back. Rates were reasonable, especially for how clean and nice the room was. Many gas stations and restaurants/fast food joints nearby and an easy jaunt to get back on the interstate. I would stay here again. This motel is better than the ones I have stayed at in Beckley, especially for the price. Had free coffee in the office in the morning before we left. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be much difference between rooms, as they are all in a row with the of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wonderful and clean, inexpensive, handicap accessible, park at your door, a lovely, competent, motivated small business, and best of all - NEW WINDOWS THAT OPEN for fresh air. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was excited when I found this little motel because we spent a ton on a cabin in the Smokies and just wanted a cheap, but clean hotel to break up the trip. When I saw the reviews and price for this one, I thought it was perfect. I booked one night in a single room. However, I got a call about an hour later that there was no single room and that I could book a bigger room. I asked for the same price since it was their mistake and they wouldn't even give me the ten dollar difference. This caused me the inconvenience of me having to stop my run outside so I could go home and search the web for more hotels, refigure and reprint our directions, etc. Ten dollars doesn't seem worth losing a customer and a poor customer service review....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Granger Township, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have been snowbirds for 10 years...sometimes going back and forth between Ohio and Florida twice in a year...and usually prefer to spend our money at local restaurants and motels rather than chains.....The Turnpike Motel proved to be a great choice....in fact, it was the second time we've stopped there, and will be a destination point for our drive home from now on! The staff were extremely polite and gracious, and the room and bathroom had been upgraded since our last stay, with granite countertops and new tile bathroom! All this for much less than the nearby chains......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from FL. The area hotels were pricey ($85), so I decided to check this place out. I'm so glad that I did! The price is more than right (less than $60).The front-desk person was beyond nice & very personable. Most importantly though, the room was CLEAN! I checked the beds for bed bugs (like I do anywhere we stay) & the mattresses looked new & were spotless. Not only that, the mattresses were really comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean and looked to be recently remodeled. The room also had a microwave & fridge. The window had room darkening curtains, which literally blocked all outside light. I am a mom who was traveling with my pre-teen son & I felt totally safe at this motel. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This motel was inexpensive and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the bathroom remodeled. There was also a fridge and microwave.The bed was comfortable and I did not hear any traffic noise. Most important for me, there weren't any musty odors or cigarette smells!!
Along with the accommodations, what impressed me were the owners. I had left something at the motel, and they went out of their way to track me down and return my item. If I am in the area again and need a place to stay, it will definitely be the Turnpike Motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great Place! Nice clean place for a reasonable price. There were microwaves and fridges in the rooms which is very helpful with small children. Great staff or owners; not sure. They treated us like we were old friends. Would stay here again

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Turnpike Motel? Share your experiences!