“Great break from the chains....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turnpike Motel

Turnpike Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Princeton
Turnpike Motel
Save Saved
You added Turnpike Motel to your Saves list
815 Oakvale Road, Princeton, WV 24740   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Princeton B&B and Inns
Granger Township, Ohio
“Great break from the chains....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have been snowbirds for 10 years...sometimes going back and forth between Ohio and Florida twice in a year...and usually prefer to spend our money at local restaurants and motels rather than chains.....The Turnpike Motel proved to be a great choice....in fact, it was the second time we've stopped there, and will be a destination point for our drive home from now on! The staff were extremely polite and gracious, and the room and bathroom had been upgraded since our last stay, with granite countertops and new tile bathroom! All this for much less than the nearby chains......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from FL. The area hotels were pricey ($85), so I decided to check this place out. I'm so glad that I did! The price is more than right (less than $60).The front-desk person was beyond nice & very personable. Most importantly though, the room was CLEAN! I checked the beds for bed bugs (like I do anywhere we stay) & the mattresses looked new & were spotless. Not only that, the mattresses were really comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean and looked to be recently remodeled. The room also had a microwave & fridge. The window had room darkening curtains, which literally blocked all outside light. I am a mom who was traveling with my pre-teen son & I felt totally safe at this motel. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This motel was inexpensive and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the bathroom remodeled. There was also a fridge and microwave.The bed was comfortable and I did not hear any traffic noise. Most important for me, there weren't any musty odors or cigarette smells!!
Along with the accommodations, what impressed me were the owners. I had left something at the motel, and they went out of their way to track me down and return my item. If I am in the area again and need a place to stay, it will definitely be the Turnpike Motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great Place! Nice clean place for a reasonable price. There were microwaves and fridges in the rooms which is very helpful with small children. Great staff or owners; not sure. They treated us like we were old friends. Would stay here again

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The lady at the desk told me that she took pride in the appearance of the rooms and she evidently meant it. The room was small but well appointed. The bath fixtures looked new and the beds boasted a clean pillow top mattress. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room but no hair dryer or iron. Ice was available from the front office. It was overpriced due to Tiger Woods playing a tournament in the area but so was everywhere else with very limited availability. Overall, a place where I would stay again if I could get a better rate.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I've never given a hotel a truly negative review, but this one earned it.

1. Road Noise: This place is aptly named Turnpike Motel. The road noise from every semi, kid with a loud stereo, car accelerating or car door closing permeate our room all night long.

2. Light outside of room (on the building exterior) was bright and came through the curtains all night long.

3. The bathroom was in need of significant repair. The linoleum on the floor was torn and filthy. The fiberglas bath tub had holes in it where the towel and wash cloth holders should have been.

4. I paid $55 night for this dump.

5. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family and I have traveled a lot in the last 5 years. (somewhere around 20 +motels a year). When it comes to motels, we have seen the worst.... trust me. We've stayed at several small motels and large chains. When we pulled up to the Turnpike Motel, we were greeted by a gentlemen with a great personality. We actually talk to him for 20 minutes before we went to the room. I figured the room would be about average maybe less based on our price, no chain, and experience with such. This place gets 5 stars from us. We don't write reviews but we had to about this place. Very very clean! They had microwaves and fridges, free internet, and The bathroom is usually where i get a little grossed out. Not here! The bathroom was very clean and looked newly remodeled! The beds were so comfortable I had to ask who made them. The guy told me that is one of the most common things people ask him about. Seally Reserve I think he said. They had pillow tops and they were great! Cleaner than all of the chain hotels we've stayed in, hands down. When you go to a small hotel like this you expect it to be really bad. Instead we were pleasantly surprised, this place is well worth the visit if your looking to save some money and get a great room. Who isn't? We will stay here every chance we get! I recommend this place.

Room Tip: Seally Reserve Pillow top beds, if you get a chance, buy one!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Turnpike Motel? Share your experiences!