“Clean and functional but minimal” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Princeton B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time I ever stayed in Microtel at Princeton WV. I was surprised by the hospitality, the way I was taken care during my stay was amazing, I don't have words to express. It was my best experience i have ever had at any motel. I have recommended it to all my colleagues and co-worker who travel a lot from Canada to Florida. Based on my experience, they all are looking forward to stay in Microtel at Princeton on there way to Florida and back. KEEP IT UP MICROTEL, YOU ARE THE BEST.

• Stayed September 2013
GM-MTL, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thak you very much for your stay at Microtel Inn & Suites ,Princeton WV.
We realy appreciate your business and your views are very encourging for our team.
GM
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I wish I had taken pictures. My stay started with standing at the counter waiting for the clerk to stop sitting at the computer. She said she would be with me soon. I stood there for over 2 mins watching her typing. No one else was checking in but me. Then she gave me a key to a room that wasn't cleaned. She said the housekeeper was new. She then gave me a key to a room that had a number of issues.

First off you can look under the door and at the sides of the door at the bottom. Not very safe especially since it is next to the strip joint (Southern Exposure) and at 3 am there were numerous drunk guys in the hall. The fridge wouldn't close so the new desk clerk pulled the shelf out which made it close however I was going to stay for 5 nights and had lots of food in there and losing a shelf was bad. The toilet was loose so I had to get up slowly and the handle was hanging off so it had to be flushed carefully. I luckily found a reservation at Country Inn and Suites who had a cancelation. She wouldn't let me check out late and I was charged for the whole night since I checked out at 3 pm. She then had the nerve to tell me that I was late in telling her about the toilet handle as her maintenance was now gone for the day and would she do now like that was my fault. This was during the coal show so I was not able to stay where I normally stay. And the sound proofing is horrid. I heard the man next door snoring so loudly it seemed like he was in my room. Avoid if you can help it. I paid for that night that I didn't even stay since it was 3 hours past check out and then paid for the same night at Country Inn but I didn't care as it was just that bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GM-MTL, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Sorry to learn about your bad experience. Your opinion is very important to us. We will make all our efforts to improve.
GM

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton

Address: 250 Ambrose Lane, Princeton, WV 24740
Location: United States > West Virginia > Princeton
Ranked #1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Princeton
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.