“Good Night's Sleep, Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Princeton
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Good Night's Sleep, Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Princeton, WV on our way to visit family in Virginia on a Friday night in early February. We stayed on points and check-in was a breeze. I did not get the registration clerk's name, but he was very pleasant. He welcomed us as Carlton Club members, gave recommendations for restaurants nearby and explained the hotels amenities including the complimentary breakfast. The hotel seemed busy with week-end skiers and lots of kids in family and other groups, but we did not hear noise through walls and from the hallway. Breakfast was good and had variety. Considering the number of guests in the hotel the breakfast room was not crowded and was well maintained. The hotel's location is just off the freeway exit but not close enough to hear any road noise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for being a Carlson Club member and your kind words regarding your stay with us at the Country Inn in Princeton. We hope you will come back to see us again soon. Make sure to try out the hot tub on your next stay. Have a great day.

GeneralManager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Elkin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a great hotel. Super clean and fresh. I've stayed in so many hotels, I don't care to count anymore, both mid and high-end for work and budget for family travel. with budget, you never know what you will get and we all know that "freshly remodeled" means so much more than whatever chain name is hung out there - some of the franchisees are crooks of course. Not so , this hotel. Everything was great , from the staff - super nice and helpful - to the breakfast - great variety (hey, it's a free hotel breakfast but they had everything), clean rooms, halls, and pool area. Just nice. great value for the money. 2 Q bed suite with pullout had plenty of room for a family of 6 (4 kids). 15 minutes from Winterplace - driving always a drag, but no hotels in Ghent. Plenty of restaurants within half mile, even Walmart and , yes, a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Our room was 214, second floor right next to elevator. Very Quiet and easy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad you had plenty of room in our spacious queen suites. They are great for kids. It sounds like you got to experience the indoor pool as well but you didn't mention the cookies. There the best. Have a great day.

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed over the recent holiday weekend for skiing in WV. Hotel was in a convenient location, breakfast had a very nice selection and the staff were very helpful. We wiill definately stay again when in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us, We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the location and our wonderful breakfast, I hope you had the chance to enjoy the free 24 hour cookies as well. Come back and see us again soon.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very nice, rooms were spacious, very clean, beds were comfortable, hotel was very quiet. Andrew at the front desk went out of his way to give us directions. Fresh cookies were delightful, breakfast was tasty. Overall, a great stay, highly recommened and I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and Andrew. We are very lucky to have him on our staff. Sounds like you were able to enjoy the cookies which might be everyones favorite about our hotel. Please come back and see us soon. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Andrew. Have a great day.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We only stayed one night but really, really, really would have loved to have stayed longer. The room we had was beautiful and large. The air conditioning was ducted so super quiet compared to so many other hotels where the compressor is behind the vent. Everything was just perfect and I'd highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel. We too wish you could have stayed longer. Please come back and visit us again soon and next time maybe you will be able to stay longer. Thank you and have a great day.

Outer Banks, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

A great property, clean, well lit, convenient location to interstate. Great rooms, I had a double suite. Nice roomy layout in both living area and bedroom. Everything clean and up to date. Beds were super comfortable. The bathroom could use a little more room in it, kind of awkward but nothing major. Did I mention clean? Smelled and was clean and I am a clean freak. Nice lobby and dining room. The free breakfast was good, fantastic biscuits and gravy and a decent selection. The drawback was the staff. From the front desk to the breakfast attendant, they were the rudest, most unfriendly, unhelpful bunch I have ever encountered. Unreal they were so rude. The breakfast attendant even shoved me while I was getting breakfast I guess because she was trying to clean. Even if it was accidental, a simple "excuse me" would have been nice. Nothing. They all had sour looks on their face and if I had needed something, I would have been too afraid to ask them for it. It is a shame cause it is a nice property and I slept very well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hello,

I wanted to take the time to let you know we read your comments and I am very concerned. First let me thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We too think we have a very nice hotel. Regarding the staff. I apologize if you were not given the type of customer service you deserve. I am very proud of my staff and think that they normally do a wonderful job. I assure you I will discuss this with them in our next staff meeting. We hope you will return soon and give our staff another opportunity to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Late at night, struggling to find a hotel and there it was. Country Inn & Suites Princeton WV.
Hotel desk staff was fantastic. We were wet and cold, she showed us where the coffee station was, invited us to sit by the fireplace and have a coffee with a fresh baked cookie and warm up before we unpacked. She advised us of all the hotel amenities, time for breakfast in the morning. Our room was clean, and we had a pleasent, restful night.

IT WAS A PROPER SUITE.

Room Tip: We had the suite, it is an actual suite with a door. I could stay up and read while my husband went...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that we were your beacon of light. Please come back and see us soon.

Gerard Caron

Been to Country Inn & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!