“Extremely nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Roanoke, Virginia
“Extremely nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very nice, rooms were spacious, very clean, beds were comfortable, hotel was very quiet. Andrew at the front desk went out of his way to give us directions. Fresh cookies were delightful, breakfast was tasty. Overall, a great stay, highly recommened and I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and Andrew. We are very lucky to have him on our staff. Sounds like you were able to enjoy the cookies which might be everyones favorite about our hotel. Please come back and see us soon. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Andrew. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We only stayed one night but really, really, really would have loved to have stayed longer. The room we had was beautiful and large. The air conditioning was ducted so super quiet compared to so many other hotels where the compressor is behind the vent. Everything was just perfect and I'd highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel. We too wish you could have stayed longer. Please come back and visit us again soon and next time maybe you will be able to stay longer. Thank you and have a great day.

Outer Banks, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

A great property, clean, well lit, convenient location to interstate. Great rooms, I had a double suite. Nice roomy layout in both living area and bedroom. Everything clean and up to date. Beds were super comfortable. The bathroom could use a little more room in it, kind of awkward but nothing major. Did I mention clean? Smelled and was clean and I am a clean freak. Nice lobby and dining room. The free breakfast was good, fantastic biscuits and gravy and a decent selection. The drawback was the staff. From the front desk to the breakfast attendant, they were the rudest, most unfriendly, unhelpful bunch I have ever encountered. Unreal they were so rude. The breakfast attendant even shoved me while I was getting breakfast I guess because she was trying to clean. Even if it was accidental, a simple "excuse me" would have been nice. Nothing. They all had sour looks on their face and if I had needed something, I would have been too afraid to ask them for it. It is a shame cause it is a nice property and I slept very well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hello,

I wanted to take the time to let you know we read your comments and I am very concerned. First let me thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We too think we have a very nice hotel. Regarding the staff. I apologize if you were not given the type of customer service you deserve. I am very proud of my staff and think that they normally do a wonderful job. I assure you I will discuss this with them in our next staff meeting. We hope you will return soon and give our staff another opportunity to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Late at night, struggling to find a hotel and there it was. Country Inn & Suites Princeton WV.
Hotel desk staff was fantastic. We were wet and cold, she showed us where the coffee station was, invited us to sit by the fireplace and have a coffee with a fresh baked cookie and warm up before we unpacked. She advised us of all the hotel amenities, time for breakfast in the morning. Our room was clean, and we had a pleasent, restful night.

IT WAS A PROPER SUITE.

Room Tip: We had the suite, it is an actual suite with a door. I could stay up and read while my husband went...
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that we were your beacon of light. Please come back and see us soon.

RALEIGH, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We found ourselves more then 4 hours from home and it was already 1am. We picked this property because it was away from the main highway, it was well maintained, and it looked welcoming. It's the first time we stayed at A Country Inn and we'll be sure to look for them in the future. The room was comfortable and clean. The checkin staff was very friendly and outgoing. The room furnishings were excellent and the TV channel selection was the best. Plenty of parking and so problem getting a luggage rack to bring in our things. A good nights sleep was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello

I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the Country Inn as a brand since this was the first time for you staying at a Country Inn. Be sure to sign up for our reward program Club Carlson so you can earn free night stays in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here with family while on a road trip. We had cancelled the hotel we originally booked because of a horrible experience there the night before...what a contrast. The Christmas decorations were beautiful and made the lobby feel very cozy. And really, free cookies? Which happened to be delicious. Our room was spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Probably the best part was the extensive continental breakfast in the morning. Not only did it have options for a vegan and a gluten-free individuals traveling with us, but there were 2 very attentive ladies making sure everything was stocked/refilled. So glad to stay at a hotel like this after our experience with the previous hotel (which was not a Country Inn). I would definitely stay at this location or another Country Inn again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found your experience with us better than a previous hotel. If we can ever be of any assitance please let us know. Thank you again and have a great day.

Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Attention to detail is what makes this hotel stand out. It was decorated to the nines for Christmas and the entire hotel was spotless. Cookies are available at check in and a VERY ample continental breakfast is provided with all the fixings. The room was in great shape and spotless. None of that funky used room smells you get in other hotels. Our room was next to the elevator and I didn't hear a thing all night.

If there was one area for improvement, I would say the size of the flat screen TV's were smaller than what might be found at some other hotels.

Overall, I'd drive out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Grab a cookie at check in.
Hello

I wanted to take the time to thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Princeton WV. I have to agree with you the Christmas decorations are wonderful. I wish I could take credit for doing them. HaHa. Please return to see us again in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

Gerard Caron

Been to Country Inn & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!