“Very pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Nashville, Indiana, United States
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited on business trip w/ my husband. We were disappointed with another hotel we stayed at the 1st night! We moved over here and Loved it!! Staff was very nice & helpful! Whole place was clean, beds were comfortable, it was quiet w/ beautiful view of trees, and breakfast was more like homemade! Very happy! We would definitely stay again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello,

We are so glad that you and your husband moved from another hotel to give us a try. I agree isn't the breakfast wonderful? We do hope you will visit us again soon. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a beautiful facility but a bit off the beaten path. The suite that we had was very roomy and very clean, as well as the common area of the hotel. The continental breakfast was wonderful and even had western omelets which my husband loved. The only negative statement I can make is about the front desk. When I made the reservation online I was offered an upgrade to a suite, if one was available, for $9. I accepted the offer. When I approached the desk, the front desk rep that was to assist me was obviously very untrained and “green”. The first thing she said was “May I have your credit card”. No welcome, go home or we are glad to see you. When I asked if we were going to get the upgrade she looked at me as if I were a Martian. She asked her co-worker who was clueless. Thankfully, a man, whom I guessed was the manager, told her what the upgrade was and mumbled “we don’t get those emails”. I gather the reason the manager was present was obviously there was an internal issue that he addressed and should have addressed privately rather than in my presence. This disturbed me a bit as I questioned the management of the obviously somewhat new hotel. All in all, this was a very nice hotel and I hope my welcome is not a customary one and was an isolated one. Our suite was on the front and we faced busy Route 460 and the mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

We are so glad you found our hotel to be beautiful. We as a staff are very proud of the hotel and believe it is the best in Princeton. We strive to make every guest stay a perfect one so I want to apologize that you did not find our check in service to be very inviting. I will make sure to mention this to our staff, I am sure they will feel very bad and will correct their ways. We do hope you will return to see us again soon.

Huntley, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This property was very good, clean, and quiet considering they were hosting a wedding group. The rooms were clean and quiet. However, after checking in, we found that we needed an additional luggage rack. When I asked the desk staff they said they only had one per room. I found their attitude very cool and aloof. That aside we would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

We are so glad that you found our hotel to be so nice. I do want to apoloize that you found our front desk to be somewhat aloof. I can a sure you they are wonderful ladies and gentleman. However, I will be sure to address this concern with them. Thank you again for the kind words regarding our hotel and have a great day.

Beamsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would have rated this hotel a 5 but there were a few minor problems. The outside of the hotel and the reception were very clean and modern-looking. Reception was wonderful. Room keys were waiting for us and check-in took less than 5 minutes. Chocolate chip cookies and coffee were available in the lobby as advertised. The bedroom was clean and appeared updated. The hallways had new carpeting. My first impression was "this room is wonderful". The receptionist had personaly made sure that no-feather pillows were provided as requested. Unfortunately, the bathroom was not up to par. There were 2 cracked floor tiles, the bathtub area had some stains on the grout and underneath the soap dish on the bathtub was grime and stains. The back of the bathroom door had a few nicks. Now, most of these problems could have been solved with a good cleaning, a bit of touch up paint and the cracked tiles replaced.

I went to set the alarm clock and noticed someone had broken the setting knob. I took the clock back to the reception desk and the employee there said "oh, those clocks never work". I even showed her the broken piece. No replacement clock was offered, only a wake-up call.

Thanks to the hotel for providing shampoo and other amenities made in the USA! I refuse to use anything on my body made in China because you never know what goes into them.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you found some minor issues with your bathroom scratches on the door and a stain. I will be sure that we address this issue immediately. Again we thank you letting us know how we can improve and I am so glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and the cookies. They are very good. Have a great day.

Miamisburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

First impression:clean and well kept. Front staff helpful and friendly for us arriving in late evening.Breakfast has a very nice selection to choose from. May of left item in room 9/27 did call back. Would appreciate more follow up on this from manager

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We would be very happy to help you find the items you may have left behind. Could you please contact me so I can get more information. Thank you and have a great day.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just overnight here with friends, during a driving tour. Nice example of the Country Inn chain, which we have used extensively. We had no booking, but the price was very reasonable. Enjoyed the breakfast and the staff were fine. Don't bother eating at the nearby Shoney's though!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you so much for using our brand. I do hope you are a Club Carlson member so you can earn your points for free night stays. We do strive to be one of the top hotels in the Carlson Chain. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day.

Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night. It's a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, our room was neat and clean. We really liked the heated indoor pool, we just wish it was bigger as it got a little crowded in the evening. The location is good, there are plenty of restaurants close by. Our only complaint would be that the walls are a little thin. We could easily hear our next door neighbors talking and plenty of door slamming out in the hallway. Luckily we always travel with a white noise generator to drown out excess noise. Breakfast was good in the morning, the sausage gravy was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the pool and I wish it was bigger also. Come back soon. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!