“Very Good Facility” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Princeton
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Good Facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in town on business due to the Bluefield Coal Show and I had the pleasure of staying here for an entire work week. Upon arrival the staff was friendly and cordial. I was impressed how they already had my key and room information ready to go once I presented my credit card and identification. The outside of the hotel was well-maintained as was the lobby and all common areas. The elevators were in working order, as was the gym equipment and pool.

My room was neat and updated, I did however wish they would have used carpet freshener when vacuuming as I did notice a slight odor, not that it was bad, just that sort of stale odor. That wasn't a problem because I always carry air freshener and disinfectant wipes with me to hotels anyway.

The bed was comfortable with nice new linens, as were the towels in the restroom. I noticed additional sheets and pillows in the closet, which I thought was a nice touch as I didn't have to ask for them if I wanted or needed them. I loved the free Internet, the free breakfast and the fact that they had cookies available to you all of their guests. The maid service was exceptional as they did an excellent job cleaning my room daily.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and I appreciate the staff for their service. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with during the Coal Show. I hope this will not be the last time you are passing through and we hope to see you again at the next coal show. Thanks and have a great day.

Gerard/CHA

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Northport, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great service! We asked for one of the beds to have no feathers because of allergy and by the time we got checked in we had a feather-free bed. Most motels just hand me some pillows and it feels so impersonal. They went above and beyond to take care of our needs. We had a nice comfortable four day stay. I recommend!

Room Tip: We had the large room which was so nice. Lots of room for two people to move around and not feel pi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I completely understand about the feather pillows and I am happy we could meet your need and request. Thank you and have a great day.

GerardCaron/General Manager
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent one night here and we were very happy with our stay. Quiet, clean and somewhat off the road. We used a coupon from one of the hotel coupon book you get at the visitor rest stops so that made the stay even nicer. We would stay here even if we didn't have the coupon because we like the hotel. I thought the breakfast was good. I had the egg and cheese "omelet" and true it wasn't made from scratch, but it was warmed nicely, wasn't dry and the sausage patty was good too. It's not a 5 star restaurant , but it was good. They girl working the breakfast did a great job keeping the place clean and the food filled. If you are in Princeton I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the trip advisor website. We value all of our guest's opinions and strive to make every guest's stay a perfect one. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Aiken, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Another well-run and well-maintained Country Inn & Suites. Staff knowledgeable and helpful. We saw no defect of any kind in the room. The breakfast buffet, for what it purports to be, is fine. Tremendous variety of items, including exceptionally good coffee and orange juice. Of course the cheese omelets came out of a machine somewhere, the sausage patties are a bit bland, etc., but one's expectations about such breakfasts should really be modest in this kind of setting. And if you can snag a room at this property for $70 with a coupon from one of the interstate coupon books, I think you'll get very good value indeed.

Room Tip: Top floor on the back side will have a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello,

Were are so glad that you got to take advantage of one of our coupons. We hope since you enjoyed your stay you will return to see us again soon. Thank you and have a great day.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights this past weekend at this hotel (Labor Day w/e). We were impressed as soon as we walked inside the lobby. The property is very well maintained, clean and welcoming. They keep fresh baked cookies in the lobby all day and into the evening & include breakfast with your stay. The breakfast had plenty of choices to satisfy most anyone. Our room was perfect...a very comfortable king bed and QUIET. After we were settled into our room, the front desk called to make sure the room was to our liking. That has never happened to us before with much more expensive hotels. Make a reservation ahead of time because they book up, especially on weekend nights. We sat outside in the rocking chairs near the entrance in the evening and watched many folks get turned away because there was no room at the inn. We would definitely stay here again...and are trying to think of reasons to go back to Princeton so we can. We picked this hotel to stay in because of the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am excited that you received your Country Call Back to make sure everything was ok with your room. Make sure to come back and see us again soon. Have a great day.

toronto, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this same hotel a year ago (also did a review) and decided to book here again while travelling home from Florida.

Check in was easy. Both the staff members were friendly and helpful.

Rooms were clean, nice layout and comfortable. The beds were very nice and we all slept well. The walls of the rooms are a little thin and we were worried that we might have some issues with our neighbours but we had no problems with noise at all after 10pm.

We didn't use the pool this visit or the fitness room. We did use the "business centre" which was nice to have to print off some information we needed. Everything we needed was there.

We left before breakfast opened but coffee, tea and cookies were always available.

Another great stay! Will likely stay here again next time we are travelling this way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

We are always glad to hear from our repeat guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. If we can do anything for you in the future please give us a call. Until next time, have a great day.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way home from down south and had a very comfortable, easy stay.

Our check-in was very smooth and I love that you can check in at 3pm, which is nice and early, in my opinion. The price is right here-- you can stay at an equally nice Country Inn and Suites 45 minutes north, but this one is much more inexpensive because it's not next to Tamarack like the one north of it. Luckily, there are plenty of restaurants. We had our choice of Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, a buffet, or fast foods. Lots of choices nearby for food.

Our room was very nice and spacious, with a little kitchenette area (no sink, but fridge and microwave) because it was a suite. The suite had a door to close off the living area, which was great, and the common areas of the hotel were very clean and nice. The pool is on the small side but was very clean, as was the hot tub. There is a very nice fitness center as well as a business center. Free cookies and coffee in the lobby, too. We had a very quiet night's sleep.

In the morning, we went for breakfast around 7:30 and while the breakfast room was crowded, the food was hot and very tasty, with lots of choices. Check-out was easy and quick at 12pm. No complaints about this hotel except that I wish the breakfast room was bigger. We stayed on a Friday, though, so it was probably more crowded because of that. Great customer service from the lobby staff and very friendly, cheerful employees. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All suites (not studios, just suites) have doors to close off the living area, the front desk told u...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello,

We want to thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites/Princeton WV. We also are glad that you were able to enjoying staying in one of our suites and hope you will return again soon for an even longer stay. Thank you and have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!