“No security” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
NC
“No security”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Do not stay here if you value security or your property when traveling.
I stayed here Fourth of July weekend 2013 and when I went out to my car there were beer cans on my car. I got beer on me and my car when I cleaned them off. When I talked to the office (Tonya) they said there was nothing they could do there was no manager on duty and they do not have security. They also couldn’t get a manager (Gerard Caron), or regional manager, or customer service on the phone because it was Sunday.
When I complained to the Carlton Group thru customer service they said each Country Inn was independently owned and there was nothing they could do – except give me a $25 dollar gift certificate to stay again! They said the manager would call. After a week when I called back they had closed the issue! I had them reopen and I’m still waiting for a call from Mr. Caron.
The room was OK, but there are better places in the area. We stayed at the Hampton down the road; great stay - good rooms, no issues with security, better location, and better price (backed by Hilton not the Carlton group).
I’ve waited long enough for a response. It’s just poor customer service all the way around I won’t be staying at Country Inn and Suites again and definitely not this specific one. This one makes the entire industry look bad and the service from Carlton and the lack of control they have over their location is pitiful. If you value security and customer service when things go wrong – don’t stay at this location and don’t choose a Carlton group hotel.

Dan from NC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello Dan,

I have read your post and I am sorry that you feel this way. From your post you found nothing wrong with the accomodations of the hotel (room,breakfast,staff) just the fact that you found a beer can on your car. We have discussed this already and my staff and I apologized to you for finding a beer can on your car but there was no damage to your car or to you except for the fact I believe you spilled some beer on you while throwing the can away. Again we apologize, however you wanted us to comp your night here at the hotel not because of your stay but because someone left a beer can on your car and we were unable to provide that to you, therefore you were upset with us which we do not find this situation to warrant a free night stay. I understand that Carlson provided you with a $25.00 gift certificate for your dissatisfaction again for finding a beer can on your car. We hope you will use this to stay at a Country Inn again in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

Gerard Caron/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cedar Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights for a family reunion (lily family-worlds largest). The hotel was easy to get to. Close to walmart, restaurants and shopping. Breakfast was good and kept well stocked. Cookies were yummy and always available. We had a dble suie which was clean and well maintained. It even had a door between the rooms. Pool was warm and clean.

the staff were friendly and very helpful. I can wait til next year to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Hello,

We are so glad you stayed with us during your family reunion. We hope you will return again soon when passing through. Have a great day.

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Always stay here when making the trip north from NC to Indiana. It's convenient to everything and the staff is great. Located right off the interstate. It's an excellent value, and their breakfast's are outstanding. Don't miss this one! And added bonus is the indoor pool. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

We are so glad that you choose to stay with us on your trips from Indiana. We hope that you will return again soon and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was absolutely the nicest hotel . I have ever stayed at . My husband is in A Wheel Chair and they were so nice to him and did not make him feel like he was a second class citizen. The staff was very pleasant . the breakfast was great. We will try very hard to stay here again.

Room Tip: Back part of motel is very quite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites in Princeton WV. We strive to make every guest stay a great one and look forward to seeing you again soon.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here for the night on our way to Myrtle Beach. We made prior reservations and luckily we did because it was sold out. Our room was waiting for us when we arrived and it was clean and comfortable. We got a good night sleep and had a good breakfast before we left. The breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, breads, cereal, juice and coffee. The room was a decent size and didn't feel very crowded. We tried to stay on our return trip, but didn't book soon enough. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us during your trip to the beach. I am sorry that you were not able to stay with us on your return trip. This is a very busy time of the season for us so make sure to book early next year. Have a great day.

Gerard Caron
Country Inn & Suites/Princeton
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited west Virginia last week, and used the Country Inn in Princeton as our home base. It was pretty conveniently located off the interstate and clean, and the free breakfast was handy. We liked the studio suite room a lot, very comfortable for our two-night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello,

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites/Princeton. If you enjoyed your studio room you must try one of our suites. Please let us know the next time you are returning so we can set you up with the suite. Thanks and have a great day.

Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I travel thru Princeton, WV frequently and we always stay at Country Inn & Suites. We have stayed at several other hotes in and around Princeton and Bluefield, WV and none compare to this hotel. It is exceptionallly clean and the beds are so comfortable. The staff needs to give lessons to other hotel check-in personnel because these folks are top notch in making you feel special. They are very friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay very pleasant. Give it a try......you will definitely not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We love the top floor of this hotel..........no noise at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnPrince, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Princeton, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay here at the Country Inn & Suites/Princeton. My staff strives to make every guest stay a perfect one and as you have testified they are very good. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. In the mean time if there is anything we can do for you please let us know. Have a great day.

Country Inn & Suites/Princeton

Been to Country Inn & Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!