“Clean, clean, quiet hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean, clean, quiet hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stopped on our way to the sunshine state. Late arrival, clerk was very accommodating. Very pet friendly place. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfy. No extra charge for the dog which is a plus. Very quiet hotel. Would stay there again and certainly recommend them to others. Thank you Princeton, WV

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Guyton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My family and I got stuck in a snow storm on the way home to Georgia from Ohio and had to stop for the night. I called in advance to make a rewards night stay for two rooms. I called the front desk before arriving and asked to be put at the end of the hallway, as my dog tends to have a hard time sleeping in hotels with lots of noise. Upon arrival, I was told that both rooms were upgraded to suites at no charge to put us in a quiet area. No pet fee for the hotel, and lots of grass right behind the hotel (although it was covered in a foot of snow while I was there) with cleanup bags. The rooms were great with flat screen TVs, fridge, and nice bathrooms. The front desk lady was probably the most friendly Choice Hotels staff person I've ever worked with, and this is by the best Sleep Inn I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Salem, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel was affordable and clean, but one reason we chose it was for the advertized "heated pool" and hot tub. We were there for a ski trip, and really liked the idea of our 7 year old son being able to swim the night before. Unfortunately, the hot tub no longer exists; the manager told me it has been "broken" for a long time, so I guess they just decided to remove it altogether instead of fixing it. Also, the "heated" pool was freezing cold. It was way too cold for me to even get into, and my son's teeth were chattering within minutes. This hotel simply needs to be honest in it's description of amenities. Another issue we had was that breakfast was absolutely packed... there was a long wait and no place to sit... many tables, but all were full for the entire 2 hours breakfast was available.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed here on our way to South Carolina for one night. It was easy to find, just off of 77 and we found it to be clean and a good value. The service was good and the rooms although small were clean. The breakfast was adequate, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Guelph, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Decent stop-over stay while heading to Myrtle Beach, SC. Nothing spectacular but nothing horrible. The appliance's were a bit noisy in our room (A/C and mini fridge) but nothing too outrageous. Would probably stay again for a quick stop-over. The pool was nice but the hot-tub was out-of-order. Breakfast in the morning was acceptable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This hotel is exceptional! We travel often with work and upon arriving at the hotel, we loved the flowers outside and upon entering the hotel how delighted we were to find friendly staff that welcomed us with excitement. The front desk staff, along with the breakfast attendant and house keeping were outstanding. The rooms were clean and nice and they even made cookies. In my traveling I have come to the conclusion it is how you present yourself as to what type of customer service you receive and I can certainly say that the staff at Sleep Inn & Suites do a superb job in welcoming you to the hotel and making you feel at home. Love the fact that they are pet friendly and the christian books on display. The man and his wife checking us in were hilarious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
camp lejeune, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I booked this hotel because of the price and the fact that they allowed pets (for free!) and because they had a pool. I was on my way back home, traveling alone with my kids and dog. This was a little over half way. I looked online for a decently price hotel with a pool so that the kids could swim off any energy after riding in the car for so long.

First I want to say that the hotel was excellent as far as condition of the rooms and cleanliness. There were two things though that really put a hamper on our time there. First was when checking in, I was not greeted by the front desk even though I was standing there obviously needing to check in. I seemed to be interrupting some social time between the two front desk workers. The man who checked me in seemed put out by the fact that I said 'Excuse me, I need to check in please" and proceeded to try and check me in while shoving his face full of food, talking to me and wearing most of it on his shirt and face. After I received my keys and unloading the kids, dog and luggage, I made our way to our room only to have to return to the front desk because the employee never 'set' my keys to work in the door.

The second issue was the pool. It was so extremely over chlorinated that the moment you stepped into the pool room your eyes started burning severely. This was just standing in there without actually going in the water. Both my younger children and my teenage daughter started having breathing and coughing problems (and they are not prone to breathing issues like asthma). We could really only stand to swim for maybe 10 minutes before it became such an issue that we had to leave.

As I mentioned before, besides the price of the hotel, having a pool was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel. What a disappointment!

On a good note: The morning breakfast was very nice. They had a waffle station where we could all make our own waffles. The kids loved it.

Honestly, the hotel in itself is nice. It's the pool and the attitude of the staff that really made the difference between getting a good review and a bad one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!