“Very Dumpy but front desk staff is friendly and has excellent pool” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Princeton

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Princeton
Roanoke, Virginia
“Very Dumpy but front desk staff is friendly and has excellent pool”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I used to frequent this place due to the fact that my employer uses this facility for lodging. This is one of the issues. You see my employer contracts a large quantity of rooms and they pay a very cheap rate for them and that is what they get. Our rooms are not maintained to days inn standards. They have one bed removed which is not an issue and I actually prefer as it gives more room. The biggest Issue I have is that our rooms are FILTHY. they are not cleaned properly and I have found pubic hair in the bed and in the showers (clearly sheets not changed) Also the rooms are quite dated and some of the beds have a "crater" in the center of them indicating a worn mattress.. I have also stayed in a "regular" guest room and they have nicer beds but I still find that the cleanliness is an issue.

The front desk staff is friendly for the most part but sometimes I still feel like we are treated as second class citizens here due to the fact that we have a contract with them. The climate control unit is adequate and heats and cools as it should, If you want any quality of sleep you HAVE to run the unit to drown out the interstate and outside noise as the rooms are not insulated adequately..

This hotel however is not all bad. The breakfast is where this place REALLY shines!! The breakfast is awesome. you get waffles, cereal, bread, and danishs, I LOVE the fact that you can get hot waffles for breakfast. Another good quality is the pool! They have a nice indoor pool and they also offer free wifi which is another good touch. If you don't have a computer, they have one you can use in the lobby. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!! This hotel is within walking distance of many good restaurants.

In conclusion, I can not recommend the Days inn Princeton as they have SERIOUS cleanliness issue. The property is dated and in need of updating.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here. MAKE SURE you do not get a room facing the interstate!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had a two night stay with two rooms on Sept 2 & 3 2011. Upon arrival our kids room had dirty sheets so we had the maid service once we found them change the sheets. Then in our room, the sheets were dirty so housekeeping came in a changed the sheets but those were old and shreaded so that had to change them a third time!! Then we were fighting Nats (not bed bugs) all night long let alone the bathroom had mold on the walls. I could not have my family stay there. It was cheap ($62 per nite) but terrible. I moved my family to the Hampton Inn next door, thank God they had room and am writing about my terrible experience at Days Inn in Princeton WV.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I'm writing a second review because the first one didn't get published for an unknown reason, although I received an email from TripAdvisor & verified my review last week. So here it is again - this is a perfectly fine hotel. I stayed one night & was quite satisfied. The front desk person was courteous during my late night check-in. The price was right - $50 for a single room w/breakfast. I had a room on the first floor near the lobby which was quite convenient. It was comfortable, nicely appointed and very clean. The breakfast room was clean and bright with a variety of breakfast offerings. When I checked out, the gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and friendly. What's not to like about this hotel? I was surprised to read the previous unfavorable postings because my experience was the exact opposite. It was a perfectly nice hotel & I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Cheap. Room was clean. Lots of dining options within walking distance.

Our room was facing interstate, so you could hear a lot of trucks during night. I think there are some rooms not facing the highway. They have a pool, which we didn't use. Breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing interstate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was an absolutely horrible stay. It is a very old motel in need of updating. Online pictures are very deceiving. Rooms were filthy and had an odor. Beds were child-sized, We were given one bath towel for an entire family to use, carpet was stained and ripped with peeling paint on the floor from the bathroom door. But one of the only pet-friendly hotels in the area, so we were stuck. Next time I'll drive straight through and not stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

This is my second trip to this area, and have been happy with the service both trips. The only thing I'd like to see is a better breakfast selection. But don't let that scare you away. Rooms are clean!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Motel Style, very old and really could use some updating. Finally on our third try we were in a room without problems. Linens were old and stained and needed replaced. Pool was out of service for who knows how long.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!