“Excellent accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Spent the weekend at this location and was very pleased with the experience. Clean, comfortable rooms and a friendly, conscientious staff. Working in the hospitality industry myself I tend to be very critical of the hotels in which I stay but I can find no negatives to report. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to wright a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thanks, again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clover, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spent one night with the motorcycle group on our way home from Ohio. The rooms were clean, staff okay but not overly friendly. The cracker barrel is within walking distance. We would stay again if in the area

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to wright a review. We really enjoyed having all the motorcycles here and talking with so many of the riders. Apparently you were the one I didn't get to speak with and I am sorry I missed you. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nothing to write home about but definitely acceptable....convenient to interstate and food options (Hardee's, Wendy's, Bob Evans, Texas Steakhouse all within walking distance). Helpful, friendly, staff.

• Stayed May 2014
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to wright a review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Lorain, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

nice room however it faces the front of the hotel and is right over the hotel entrance. the main highway is directly across the street. as you can probably imagine, the noise level from outside the room was too much. too loud. too often. they definitely shouldn't give this room out until it is the last room available. very hard to sleep hearing everything from people getting in and out of their cars, talking, people walking up the stairs, room doors slamming shut...oh yeah, and a bunch of yappy dogs "barking". I would consider staying there again as long as I had a room in the back away from the stairs. we'll see. the king bed was very, very comfortable.

Room Tip: do not choose any room that faces the highway or that is close the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize about the noise at our hotel, I can assure you this is not common and we always strive for complete guest satisfaction. We are pleased you enjoyed our king sized bed and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Comfort Inn on your trip back through Princeton W.V.

Perry Newton

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our last experience with the Comfort Inn brand was disappointing so when we chose this location due to its pet-friendly policy, we were not expecting much. However, this property and the staff absolutely blew us away. They went above and beyond fixing a reservation mistake that was my fault and that they did not have to honor. Then, we were pleased to find the property was clean, had plenty of room for our large dog, staff was welcoming to our dog, and provided a nice breakfast. Thank you, Comfort Inn, Princeton, VA!!! We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that the property and staff blew you away with the customer service we provided! We strive to give great customer service to every guest that stays with us and are glad we were able to fix a reservation for you. We look forward to seeing your family again when you travel through the Princeton, WV area.
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a pleasant motel! I stay here once or twice a year on a long drive to visit family. The hotel is always clean and comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. They allow pets in some rooms with a modest extra charge. The breakfast is pleasant and plentiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always striving to provide great customer service by our friendly and helpful staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed the breakfast as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you pass through the Princeton, WV area while you go visit your family!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had reservations at the Comfort Inn in Princeton WV 12-31-13, We checked in about 3:00 pm and left for the local Ski resort. When we returned later that night I felt that my blood sugar had dropped and need a quick snack. I went to the front desk and asked for the complimentary bag of pretzels. The clerk told me that housekeeping had them and that I could not have any. I explained that I had paid almost $100 for our room and if that she would not be able to accommodate me I would like her name so that I could make a complaint. At this point she locked me out of the check in area and made a phone call without comment or explanation. She returned a few moments later with a small white bag and stated that ”what I wanted was in the bag” and threw in on the table in front of me. I thanked her and once again asked for her name so that I could communicate my dissatisfaction to the franchise and her superiors. At this point she stated that she had only been there a few minutes and that she did not need “My Attitude” and that I should get back to my room if “I knew what was good for me” I am not sure how asking for pretzels and her name could have been so offensive? Becoming frustrated with the very rude and callous treatment I was receiving from her I stated that she was being a "B". At this point she told me that she was going to have me arrested and snatched the small white bag up and returned to her locked enclave. Wow ! Arrested ? All of this over pretzels and her name? During this……. Umm……situation, I was neither loud nor disruptive, on the contrary I was quite polite until I could not take any more or her abuse and used the “B” word. I was only looking for some pretzels for my diabetes and was treated very harshly by…..an older blond headed lady (still don’t know her name). In the end we were asked to leave the property even after my wife had apologized to clerk for my calling her a "B". In dealing with this clerk my very sweet wife told me that the desk clerk was “no lady”. After being kicked out of the hotel (without a refund) we went to the Holiday Inn Express across the street where the staff was much more friendly. At this point I am still in shock and can only say “wow”. Eventually we were refunded our money and given credits to our choice accounts. When I contacted the manager he reviewed the security video was very apologetic for the unacceptable treatment we received. There is nothing that can be done to compensate us for the humiliation of being kicked out for asking for the courtesies you would normally expect. The night staff at this hotel has not time for hospitality issues. Do not stay at the Comfort Inn in Princeton WV. If you stay here and bother the staff be prepared to be treated as subjects rather than guests. You have been warned!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Bill,

On behalf of the entire team, I do apologize for your stay while at the property. It is our goal to make every guest a satisfied guest. Your feedback and satisfaction is important to us.

The situation you described should not have escalated to the point that it did and after reviewing the footage and discussing with you, the staff, and law enforcement, the situation could have easily been diffused by all parties involved. Unfortunately, law enforcement was called and with the support of law enforcement, you and your wife were asked to leave the hotel and a refund was processed for the night along with points deposited into your account. The situation is very atypical of our staff at our hotel and I can assure you this was an isolated incident.

Although you are quite upset about the whole situation, I do hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you and your wife on your next visit to the Princeton, WV area so my staff can show the courteous, friendly, and professional service we typically provide. It is our commitment at the hotel to make every guest a satisfied guest.

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!