“Staff went above and beyond; Exceeded our expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
“Staff went above and beyond; Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our last experience with the Comfort Inn brand was disappointing so when we chose this location due to its pet-friendly policy, we were not expecting much. However, this property and the staff absolutely blew us away. They went above and beyond fixing a reservation mistake that was my fault and that they did not have to honor. Then, we were pleased to find the property was clean, had plenty of room for our large dog, staff was welcoming to our dog, and provided a nice breakfast. Thank you, Comfort Inn, Princeton, VA!!! We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that the property and staff blew you away with the customer service we provided! We strive to give great customer service to every guest that stays with us and are glad we were able to fix a reservation for you. We look forward to seeing your family again when you travel through the Princeton, WV area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a pleasant motel! I stay here once or twice a year on a long drive to visit family. The hotel is always clean and comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. They allow pets in some rooms with a modest extra charge. The breakfast is pleasant and plentiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always striving to provide great customer service by our friendly and helpful staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed the breakfast as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you pass through the Princeton, WV area while you go visit your family!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had reservations at the Comfort Inn in Princeton WV 12-31-13, We checked in about 3:00 pm and left for the local Ski resort. When we returned later that night I felt that my blood sugar had dropped and need a quick snack. I went to the front desk and asked for the complimentary bag of pretzels. The clerk told me that housekeeping had them and that I could not have any. I explained that I had paid almost $100 for our room and if that she would not be able to accommodate me I would like her name so that I could make a complaint. At this point she locked me out of the check in area and made a phone call without comment or explanation. She returned a few moments later with a small white bag and stated that ”what I wanted was in the bag” and threw in on the table in front of me. I thanked her and once again asked for her name so that I could communicate my dissatisfaction to the franchise and her superiors. At this point she stated that she had only been there a few minutes and that she did not need “My Attitude” and that I should get back to my room if “I knew what was good for me” I am not sure how asking for pretzels and her name could have been so offensive? Becoming frustrated with the very rude and callous treatment I was receiving from her I stated that she was being a "B". At this point she told me that she was going to have me arrested and snatched the small white bag up and returned to her locked enclave. Wow ! Arrested ? All of this over pretzels and her name? During this……. Umm……situation, I was neither loud nor disruptive, on the contrary I was quite polite until I could not take any more or her abuse and used the “B” word. I was only looking for some pretzels for my diabetes and was treated very harshly by…..an older blond headed lady (still don’t know her name). In the end we were asked to leave the property even after my wife had apologized to clerk for my calling her a "B". In dealing with this clerk my very sweet wife told me that the desk clerk was “no lady”. After being kicked out of the hotel (without a refund) we went to the Holiday Inn Express across the street where the staff was much more friendly. At this point I am still in shock and can only say “wow”. Eventually we were refunded our money and given credits to our choice accounts. When I contacted the manager he reviewed the security video was very apologetic for the unacceptable treatment we received. There is nothing that can be done to compensate us for the humiliation of being kicked out for asking for the courtesies you would normally expect. The night staff at this hotel has not time for hospitality issues. Do not stay at the Comfort Inn in Princeton WV. If you stay here and bother the staff be prepared to be treated as subjects rather than guests. You have been warned!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Bill,

On behalf of the entire team, I do apologize for your stay while at the property. It is our goal to make every guest a satisfied guest. Your feedback and satisfaction is important to us.

The situation you described should not have escalated to the point that it did and after reviewing the footage and discussing with you, the staff, and law enforcement, the situation could have easily been diffused by all parties involved. Unfortunately, law enforcement was called and with the support of law enforcement, you and your wife were asked to leave the hotel and a refund was processed for the night along with points deposited into your account. The situation is very atypical of our staff at our hotel and I can assure you this was an isolated incident.

Although you are quite upset about the whole situation, I do hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you and your wife on your next visit to the Princeton, WV area so my staff can show the courteous, friendly, and professional service we typically provide. It is our commitment at the hotel to make every guest a satisfied guest.

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice place to stop. My family and I were on the road back to SC from Ontario, Canada when we need to stop.

First, love the fireplace at the hotel. Festive for the season. Wish there were sofas in the lobby though. Second, the room was standard. But, fridge and microwave in our room. Some chips and TLC needed, but acceptable. Third, breakfast had a wide variety of food, similar to Fairfield and Hampton...waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, breads, hot eggs and sausage, and fruit.

The reason I gave five stars was not because of the standard room, but because of the service. Loved the service the hotel provided, from the snack bags to the treats for my dog to providing a rollaway quickly. Absolutely superb with a great attitude. Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Roscommon, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Well, we were on the road for quite awhile (From Michigan) and we wanted to stop. So, we stopped here. The price for one night was 95 dollars, and this included a leaking toilet, the shower couldn't convert into a bathroom, there was dog food on the floor, and the breakfast was pretty awful. We were overcharged for literally something that should've cost forty. Drive away, drive far away....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WV402, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel as your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

I am truly sorry about the leaking toilet. I understand it can be annoying when one is trying to sleep. We have an in-depth maintenance program at the hotel, which includes checking the plumbing of every room. We have taken note of your toilet issue and will be following-up on it. All of our showers, with the exception of two handicap accessible showers, allows one to use the tub (I am assuming this is what was meant). The front desk is always glad to help as much as possible with any questions regarding running the shower.

We are happy to be one of two pet friendly hotels in the area. As such, occasionally we have dogs or other pets stay with us. The front desk is always willing to help solve any issues a guest may have with a pet or with any allergies related to pets. I am sorry for any issue you had with the dog on your floor.

I apologize for the awful breakfast you experienced as well. Our hotel prides ourselves with the numerous options we provide our guests, including but not limited to waffles, hot eggs and meat, cereal, yogurt, donuts, fresh fruit, fruit cups, boiled eggs, and bagels/breads.

Again, your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when you are in the Princeton, WV area again so we may be given the opportunity to satisfy you and your family.
Clarksburg, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Most pet-friendly hotels are only pet-friendly to dogs that are the size of large cats but not this one. They allowed my 130 lb. Alaskan Malamute no problem. There is a grassy area designated for pets. All the smoking rooms are on the second floor-no elevator. The parking lot is fairly small and fills up quickly. The rooms were clean, spacious, and quiet. Beds were very comfy with nice down covers instead of blankets. New flat-screen tvs. Microwave and Mini-fridge in the room made it very nice.. I'm sure it was wonderful since everything else about the place was. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will probably stay here again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: All smoking rooms are on the second floor (no elevator) If you have a dog with you, ask for a room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments about our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our policy welcomes all pets whether they are big or small and we are very happy that this policy met your need. We look forward to serving you in the future!
New Martinsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a day long journey from Florida on 10/16/13, stopped for the evening in Princeton and needed to find a hotel for the night. After dinner, started touring the area and came upon Comfort Inn and checked for price and availability. The clerk was very friendly and confirmed that a room was available. Upon inspection of the room, I was very pleased with the clean and orderly condition of the beds, bathroom and furnishings. After a long day of traveling it was great to settle into a queen size bed, with my choice of pillows (soft or firm) and enjoy the modern flat screen tv. The next morning I enjoyed the well stocked breakfast bar provided for the hotel quests - eggs, bagels, toast, juice, tea, coffee, fruit, yogurt were plentiful and tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!