“CLEAN, COMFORTABLE BED AND GREAT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
New Martinsville, West Virginia
“CLEAN, COMFORTABLE BED AND GREAT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a day long journey from Florida on 10/16/13, stopped for the evening in Princeton and needed to find a hotel for the night. After dinner, started touring the area and came upon Comfort Inn and checked for price and availability. The clerk was very friendly and confirmed that a room was available. Upon inspection of the room, I was very pleased with the clean and orderly condition of the beds, bathroom and furnishings. After a long day of traveling it was great to settle into a queen size bed, with my choice of pillows (soft or firm) and enjoy the modern flat screen tv. The next morning I enjoyed the well stocked breakfast bar provided for the hotel quests - eggs, bagels, toast, juice, tea, coffee, fruit, yogurt were plentiful and tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I made my reservations through hotels' own website and prepaid my stay. However, mysteriously, I was charge $1.59 after each stay. While it is typical for hotels to put a temporary authorization for possible incidentals, this one eventually become a charge, which I It's really sneaky as the charge is small and easily overlooked. I will not tolerate this and will dispute with my credit card company. You should also look closely in your credit card statement as it may also happen after your prepaid stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I am very sorry about the misunderstanding you experienced when you stayed at our hotel. The $1.59 is for the safe that is in each room. This charge cannot be billed when making your reservation through Choice. We have signs at our front desk that explains this charge and that it can be removed anytime at your request. I would be happy to remove the charge from your account at your convenience. I have searched our system to find your reservation but was unable to find you based on the name you have provided. Please contact me at the hotel and I will remove the charge. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Gastonia, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a wedding to attended and dropped in for a one night stay. Upon arrival I asked the lady behind the desk what would be the latest that we would be able to check out since the wedding did not start until 5. She said that 3 would be ok and that she would leave a note for the am crew and to let them know. She was very nice. So I call the front desk in the morning and ask, and the girl tells me that the latest that I could check out would be 12:30. So now we have to ride around for a few hours. It is just an inconvenience but it was enough for me to never come back here next time that we are coming through town. Also, the hot tub that they had in the pictures is now a concrete tub.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am very sorry that you were given the wrong information when you checked into the hotel. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Waterloo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very clean and inviting. The room was homey and comfortable. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was awesome. It was different both days we were there. The staff was there to make sure everything was filled so no one had to wait. We sat in the rocking chairs on the porch and visited with family and it was so nice and peaceful. Was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes the efforts of our staff and takes the time to say Thank You.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a late review, as we made this trip during the summer of 2012. We began a road trip across the US by traveling north from our home in Florida to drop off the dog. We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Princeton, WV as it has become our regular northbound stopover.
The staff was friendly and professional as always, and the rooms are comfortable and dog friendly.
On this trip large church group of teenagers were checking in just after us, however, even though they were around in groups, they were quiet and no problem during the evening.
The morning buffet was average, however the teenagers woke up and sort of took over the breakfast room, as they stayed to socialize after breakfast, occupying all of the tables.
Overall a good stay, as we have come to expect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is older and shows its' age in the furnishings and decor. However, everything was clean. The beds were fresh and comfortable. The bathroom, while small, was clean and more than adequate. The night desk clerk was not super knowledgeable, but the morning crew were great! Friendly and helpful. A hot breakfast is provided and is very good - waffles, sausage, eggs, etc. Very nice, especially for a "bargain" hotel. This hotel is a little cramped feeling - small lobby and breakfast area - but there is nothing really wrong with it. This is a fine hotel for an overnight stay or for a budget conscious traveler. I don't know that this would be my first choice of hotel in Princeton, but as we were stuck in stand still traffic on I77 for 2 hours, we were thankful to find a place to stay the night. I would stay here again if I needed to. Nothing over the top great, but certainly a fine place to spend a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments about our hotel. We are in the process of doing some renovations that will improve the guests experience at our hotel. I am so glad that your stay here was good and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not the greatest hotel, a bit old and run down but nothing was wrong with the place. I wouldn't want to stay the week here, but for an overnight rest it's fine. Continental breakfast was average, service was good.

• Stayed July 2013
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We value every comment and strive to meet the needs of our guests. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!