“A Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Princeton
NC
“A Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I used TravelAdvisor to select this hotel and I was glad I did! The beds were very comfortable, the staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated.

• Liked — The extremely comfortable beds
  • Disliked — There was no elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pine Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

In September 2006, I turned 21. There, I just aged myself. Due to my college's draconian drinking rules, I needed to go off-campus in order to celebrate. I called the property directly and got a discounted rate, despite having no internet booking ability, and they held my room until 5, although I arrived much earlier. I booked it for two days, and was not disappointed.

After buying myself an X-Box across the border in Virginia for my birthday, I was pleased to learn that the room TV had the necessary hook-ups in the back for the system. Take note if you're bringing your Playstation or Wii along, you'll be able to play it in the room. Also, when I bought my first alcohol, the clerk at the front desk actually got me a small room wastebasket (not being used of a course) so I could have a makeshift ice bucket for my drinks. Oh, and they have wireless internet access as well, so I could do my homework and browse my forums.

Overall, the room was comfortable, quiet, and clean. I was able to play my video games and drink my cocktails in peace, nobody bothered me for playing my music too loud, and the front desk even made sure I got up in time to go to class on check-out day!

If you have to stay in Princeton, the Comfort Inn is an okay place, and bring the kids...and their Playstation.

• Liked — They tolerated me.
  • Disliked — Having to leave.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

A fair room for the price. Surprised to find microwave and small fridge included. Beds were ok, room/bath were clean. Staff was also "ok".

• Liked — mi crowave/fridge
  • Disliked — Odor of smoke throughout building
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

Every month I make a trip to the Bluefield area for Drill, this means I spend a lot of money on hotels and fast food every month...I have stayed at every hotel in the area at least once and had few if any problems.........until now. I came down Friday 4 2007 for a 3 day Drill, when I arrived at this hotel that evening I just wanted to get some rest and relax for the next day...I turned down the blankets to my bed and put a soda in the fridge....When I turned to go back to the bed I noticed something on the floor that hadn't been there before....It was an empty condom wrapper...It must have fallen from the blankets when iI turned the bed down (from the looks of it, it was opened extremely recently) I took it up to the front desk using the cellophane for my cig pack...All i got for my trouble was an "I'm Sorry" I would have hoped to get my money back, another room, or at the very least a coupon!!!!! Needless to say I will not be staying here anytime in the future.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Niagara, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

We stayed in this motel on our way to Florida. We thought it was good value for the money. Beds were very comfortable, room was clean. It had a fridge & microwave. Very easy to get to from the highway. Restaurants were nearby. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2006

This property is over 15 years old and, despite a minor refurbishment, shows its age. The plumbing fixtures are relatively new and the beds are comfortable. But the blankets are ragged, the wallpaper is peeling, there are water spots on the ceiling, the enamel in the bathtub is wearing away, and the “no-smoking” rooms and common area smell strongly of cigarette smoke. There are better alternatives including the Hampton Inn which we inspected the next morning and the Holiday Inn Express which just looks newer and more inviting. We would never, never stay here again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The pervasive cigarette smoke and lack of ADA compliance.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away.
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maumee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

We stayed here returning from a trip from Myrtle Beach. For the price we paid it could not be beat. The Holiday Inn express was charging $25 more for a similar room. Upon entering the room there were mints on the King bed which I thought was a nice little touch that showed me they really wanted to please their guests. The room had free high speed wireless internet that I had no problem connecting, fridge which was great for baby bottles and a microwave. As far as furnishing there was a nice comfy chair with a foot stool to go with it. Another nice thing was the room key had a 10% discount to the Applebee's accross the street and also shoney's which we took advantage of for Dinner and Breakfast. In the morning they offered the standard continental breakfast. All in all a nice stay and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!