“Regular stop at comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Princeton
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Regular stop at comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a late review, as we made this trip during the summer of 2012. We began a road trip across the US by traveling north from our home in Florida to drop off the dog. We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Princeton, WV as it has become our regular northbound stopover.
The staff was friendly and professional as always, and the rooms are comfortable and dog friendly.
On this trip large church group of teenagers were checking in just after us, however, even though they were around in groups, they were quiet and no problem during the evening.
The morning buffet was average, however the teenagers woke up and sort of took over the breakfast room, as they stayed to socialize after breakfast, occupying all of the tables.
Overall a good stay, as we have come to expect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is older and shows its' age in the furnishings and decor. However, everything was clean. The beds were fresh and comfortable. The bathroom, while small, was clean and more than adequate. The night desk clerk was not super knowledgeable, but the morning crew were great! Friendly and helpful. A hot breakfast is provided and is very good - waffles, sausage, eggs, etc. Very nice, especially for a "bargain" hotel. This hotel is a little cramped feeling - small lobby and breakfast area - but there is nothing really wrong with it. This is a fine hotel for an overnight stay or for a budget conscious traveler. I don't know that this would be my first choice of hotel in Princeton, but as we were stuck in stand still traffic on I77 for 2 hours, we were thankful to find a place to stay the night. I would stay here again if I needed to. Nothing over the top great, but certainly a fine place to spend a night.

dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments about our hotel. We are in the process of doing some renovations that will improve the guests experience at our hotel. I am so glad that your stay here was good and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not the greatest hotel, a bit old and run down but nothing was wrong with the place. I wouldn't want to stay the week here, but for an overnight rest it's fine. Continental breakfast was average, service was good.

• Stayed July 2013
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We value every comment and strive to meet the needs of our guests. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and each time it gets a little less desirable. First, there was a musty smell in the room...the last time I stayed there I encountered the same problem. At that time i requested a new room and was given one which was better but the hotel was booked up for the weekend so I did not bother.
When I tried to turn on the tv, the remote did not work so I called the front desk. I was told the remote batteries were probably low on power and I could get some more if I came to the front desk (this is definitely not good customer service).
Except for this one situation, the staff was helpful and courteous. The room was adequate but definitely needed a deep cleaning. The only reason I returned this time was because of their pet policy but I will probably find another hotel at my next visit (I come to Princeton/Bluefield several times a year).

dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. My room smelled like an old wet basement the walls were dirty and no one would answer the phone at the front desk. Several employees sat in front of the main entrance smoke creating a cloud of smoke to walk through to get out. Stay away!

dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have and will be making efforts to improve our property in the very near future.
West Palm Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Princeton Comfort Inn on July 1st after driving 14 hours (thanks to traffic issues). My first thought when pulling in was that the motel was old looking. When I checked in the girl behind the desk was pleasant. When we went to the room, that is where my issues begin. When I sleep, I like the A/C on and cool. What I got instead was a timed A/C unit that left the room luke warm. Is the Obama's trying to regulate A/C too?? I actually slept on top of the covers. Next, the motel is supposed to offer WiFi. Well, not so much as it was spotty at best and was not conducive to work. When I checked out, they adjusted my bill some which I initially thought was nice considering that I (nor my fiance...still getting use to that) didn't sleep.

And one more kick in the pants. When I checked out, I paid with my debit card but they still charged the credit card I held the room with. I got charged twice and seven days later still waiting for the charge to be removed from my credit card.

Stay if you want as the room was clean, but I would definitely look for other options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

basic motel, convenient for 77 and near Applebees which had good food. rooms basic, couild do with a facelift but ok for 1 night. Beds ok, bathroom small but adequate, nice tv, spacious. Stairs could do with a good clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!